Chapter 33

This is Ricky (The other guy with Dexter) ⬆️

"Skylar!" Ben yelps enthusiastically and picks me up and spins me around over his head. "Ben!" I scream and throw my arms around him into a hug. He puts both of his hands of my cheeks and his lips meet mine. After we pull away he looks at my face with a scarred look. "What happened?!" He asks. "It's a long story." I say. He just nods and smiles and kisses my forehead. "Who's that?" He asks pointing to dad. "That's my-" "Is that the guy who kidnapped you?" He interrupts. "Yes. But he's my dad." I say. Ben looks at me shocked. I felt the same way when I found out. He looks at dad. "Why would you ever think it's okay to kidnap your daughter, abuse her, and then just take her home?"

"I didn't abuse her!" He yells and I look back at him. "Yeah....you did." "Skylar when did I ever-" "Dad when you look at my face you see some scratches and maybe even scars. Like the one on my cheek."  "That wasn't me." "It was you because you took me to that place where that man did put a scratch there....I wouldn't have it if you never took me there." I'm a little upset because Ben has a point. Why would you kidnap your daughter hurt and abuse her, and then just take her home? "I'm sorry Skylar, but you're all I have left. Remember what you told me about Sabrina, and Nathan, and....your mother. They're all gone. No ones left, but you."

"Who's Sabrina? And who's Nathan?" Ben asks. "We'll talk about it later." I say. "I appreciate you bringing me home dad." I say and Ben and I walk inside. Right as I'm about to close the door he says something. "I love you." I put my hand over the door knob about to close it shut. "I once loved you....maybe I could again, but it's going to take a while to earn it back." I say. "Let's keep in touch." I say and finally close the door shut. I take a deep breathe and walk down the hallway. KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK! Someone's at the door and I can guess who. I sigh and walk back to the door. I open it, and there stands dad. He pulls the screen door open so there's nothing between us and he grabs me.

"Dad what are you-" I start but am interrupted by him. He wasn't grabbing me, he was pulling me into a hug. I don't hug him back for a minute I just sit there while he arms are around me. I just stand there stiff like a board. I think to myself though. He is the last Peterson besides me, but that isn't going to last all that long. I think of my father. The one I used to know years ago. The fun, loving, kind, silly, teaching, father I used to know, and I hug him. "Keep in touch okay?" I whisper to him while he hug. "Okay." He says and hugs me tighter. "Will you come back here tomorrow?" "Yes. Of course." He says. I hug him tighter. "Goodbye." "See you tomorrow." "Okay."

We let go and he leaves. I watch him walk down the sidewalk, as he passes all of the beautiful flowers that Elspeth's has planted in her garden. He reach the end and turns left on the street and starts walking away. I watch until he is out of my sight and I close the door. I walk inside and up the stairs. I sit on Ben's bed next to him and I rest my head on his shoulder. "Hi." "Hey." "What's wrong?" "I was scared Skylar." "Well I'm here now." "I know but look at you." I look at myself and remember. I need new clothes. I need to shower. I need to fix my hair. I'm messed up. "I know but I'm here now. And I'll fix myself."  "Okay," he says and kisses me. "Where's the others?" I ask. "They're downstairs did you not see them?" "No." "Here I'll come with you let's find them." He says and we head downstairs. Elspeth and Danielle are sitting in the kitchen.

"I'll walk in and you walk in behind me okay?" I nod and he walks inside. "How are you, Ben?" Elspeth asks. "I'm great." He says and I walk in. Elspeth and Danielle's jaws drop. "Skylar!" Danielle yells and hugs me. She doesn't let go for a long time. We just rock back and forth. "Dear what happened to you?" She asks. Putting her hands on my upper arms. "I got hurt." I say and smile at her. "Dani it doesn't matter she's here now and she's safe." Elspeth says and hugs me. "You need to go shopping. Because girl your clothes are rough!" Elspeth says laughing. "Okay, I'll get in the shower, and then we can go." I say smiling. "Okay hun we'll be waiting." Danielle says smiling at me. I nod and get in the shower.

A little bit later, Danielle, Elspeth, and I go shopping while Ben babysits Ava.

Ben's P.O.V

"So Ava what do you like to do for fun?" I ask her. It's been a while since I've talked to someone her age so I want to know what she likes to do for fun. "I like to watch TV and I like to shoot." She says. I spit out my drink. She likes to shoot people? "I'm sorry what?" I ask and wipe my mouth with my hand. "I like to shoot, you know with a bow and arrow. Have you ever seen one?" She asks. "Yes I have." I say chuckling. "Wanna come see me shoot it?" "I'd love too!" "Okay I'll go get it meet you in the backyard." She says and runs upstairs. I do as told. A couple seconds later she meets me back here and she pulls up some targets.

She stands by me and asks, "Ready?" "Yep." She takes a deep breathe and lifts up the bow. Her fingers wrap around the string and she pulls back, takes a deep breathe and let's go. I look at the target and she hit the bullseye. "How'd you do that?" I ask my mouth wide open. "I've been practicing since I was five." "How old are you now?" "I'm eleven." "Whoa...your amazing!" "Thanks." She finished. This girl was amazing! Eleven years old and she can hit the bullseye! Unbelievable.

Authors note: Hey guys! So cool chapter right? Skylars back, They go shopping, Ava is an archer. So question. Do you think Skylar should forgive her dad for everything he's done? With his "death" and her kidnapping let me know in the comments. Also don't forget to vote to get Expired to the top. Thanks Readers!