Chapter 20

This is Jade ⬆️

"Okay I swear my forced me to do it!" She says innocently. "No Jade that's not why we'r-" Ben starts to say but she interrupts him. "I felt so bad! I felt so so so bad and I'm so sorry!" She says and breaks into tears. "Jade quit the ac-"
I start to say but she interrupts. "Really please believe me no one ever does no one ever does!" She screams and falls onto the floor to cry her eyes out. "Jade!" Danielle yells. "What?" She asks still crying on the floor. "Remember me?" "Danielle I was part of the expired." She claims. "Danielle is that really you?" Jade asks getting off of the floor acting just fine. I'm assuming she's a real actress. "It's really me." Danielle says. "It's been so long!" Jade yells. "Yes it has but Jade we need to talk to you." Danielle says. "I promise I did not kiss Justin Timberlake." Jade says putting her right arm in the air like she's swearing on some kind of oath. "Jade!" "Listen!" "We really need to talk to you inside of that's okay with you." Danielle says.

"Ummmmmm sure come on in." She says as we walk in. Her apartment isn't too trashy. It's a little dark but surprisingly nice. Dark red and black walls, grey couches, black curtains, not too bad. We take a seat on the couch and Danielle starts to talk. "Jade we were thinking about getting the expired back together." Danielle says. She just stares at Danielle for a moment and laughs. "Hahaha!" She just won't stop. "Jade what's so funny?" "I'm being completely serious." She says. "Well do you remember the last time we were all together?" She asks. "Yes I know that was horrible but-" Danielle starts by Jade interrupts her. "May I remind you several of us died, many injured, and we all just split apart." She says.

"I know Jade but this time we will be well aware of our surroundings and we'll find a place undiscovered or unoccupied." Danielle says. "Like where do you expect that to be Mars?" She asks. "Jade I'm serious!" "We would go out of state or across country even." They argue. "Well I ain't wasting my time on things like this." "Plus what's in it for me?" Jade asks. "A save home and environment." "Some friends and family for a change." Danielle says. "I'm sorry but I don't think so." Jade says folding her arms. "Listen, we didn't come across the U.S just for you to reject us!" Ben yells standing up and pointing at Jade. "Yes you kind of did." Jade says with a sarcastic smirk on her face. "I don't like "smarty pants" so knock it off!" Ben says. I can tell he's getting really ticked off. "Everyone calm down!" I shout.

"Maybe I can talk some sense into you." I say with a devious smile. "What are you gonna do to me?" Jade asks looking worried. "Jade this is so important to us. If you would please listen and cooperate that would be great so you could hear the whole story." "So please listen." I beg to her. She takes a deep breathe like she's a teenager and she can't go to the mall with her friends. "Fine....what is it?" She says with an attitude. "Everyone around the cops, private investigators, bounty hunters just everyone was told to find us." I say. "They want to experiment on us. They want our secrets." I say looking at the ground.

"So they want to hunt us down just because we are Expired?" Jade asks. "Yes that's correct." "Why would they want to hunt us down its just....we're nobody's we're  weird and we're dumb." "No....not exactly." I finish. "They want to hunt us down because they want to be expired and they think if they experiment on us they can make themselves expired too." I say. "Oh....well then I guess.....I'll come with you guys." She says. "You really mean it?" I ask enthusiastically like I'm five years old and their parents said we could go get some ice cream.

"Yes I mean it." "I miss some of those people that were there and I'm not letting my kind just be tested and experimented upon."Jade says. "Yes!" "Thank you!" I say wrapping my arms around her for a hug. "Wait what are you-?!" She starts to say before I hug her. "Oh...its just a hug." She says putting her arms around me. "What have you never been hugged before?" I laugh a little but she doesn't answer and I feel so guilty all of a sudden. "Yeah.....I have." She says looking down at the ground.

"What is it?" "What's wrong?" Ben asks. "Uh what? Oh it's nothing." Jade says wiping her eye gently. "Okay then let's hit the road!" Danielle says with a smile. "Wait let me pack...I'll meet you in the cab." Jade says walking back inside. We nod our heads and walk to the curb to call for a cab. "TAXI!" I ca out and one immediately comes around. "Whoa now that's what I like to call great service!" I say with a smile. I put  my luggage in the back of the car and Ben helps. Ben hugs me and holds me for a second. "I can't believe we are actually getting all of them together!" Ben says. "Me too." I say and smile.

I can hear his heartbeat it's nice and steady. Not too fast or too slow and it doesn't pound against his chest. Just enough so I can hear the steady beat.  Jade walks out and we release each other. She puts her luggage in the trunk and hops in. "Shotgun no battle!" She screams. "Hey no fair!" Ben screams like he's five. Wow we haven't realized but we can be so immature. I don't care though I just sit in the back with Ben putting my head on his shoulder and he puts his other arm around me. "To the airport." I say actually remembering instead of him asking "where to?"

We get there about five minutes later. We get out our luggage and drag it to the curb. "Two ninety five please." The man says reaching out his hand. Danielle hands it to him and we walk inside. "To my mothers funeral."