Chapter 40

Congratulations you've made it to chapter forty! Thank you so much for reading! Don't worry it's not over yet just a quick thanks you. Also my best friend Maddy is writing a new story so please follow her madolive1 and please read her new story "The Hardest Time" that is about the time when she was in the hospital with a rare heart problem. It is an amazing spiritual book and it is 100% a true story that happened to her! She is so brave I'm so proud of you! So please follow her, read, vote, comment, and share her book! Here's the link!

"An army?" Dani asks. "Yes an army we need to stop this!" I yell. "Alright I'm with you! I'm sick of hiding Ava from the world! Yes, she goes out a lot, but she is always hiding at stores, restaurants, school, and I'm sick of her hiding and being scared it's time to put an end to this. So yes Skylar, I'm in." Elspeth said. Jade stands up and looks at me. "I'm in too. I'm not going to just sit on the couch while you save the world." Jade says. There's a moment of silence until Zach stands up. "I'm also in, we need to make this world a better place." "But Zach no!" Zion screams. To be honest I think Zion is a little dramatic she acts like she's in a play and she's being over dramatic. "Zion come on! I want to get married in a safe place where there's no war and everything is just peaceful. I don't want a bomb to go off and make the building explode when we're exchanging vows." Zach says.

"Alright, then I'm coming too. We do everything together." Zion says and kisses his cheek. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, Zach! You are way too young you seriously need to wait!" Elspeth says. "Mom we're fine this is not your life it's mine and I can decide for myself what I can and can't do and what I want and don't want! I'm an adult I can do things myself!"
Zach yells. "Zach calm down your mothers right! Now this is not the time though Elspeth, and Zach! This is war and during war you are not going to fight you are not going to get someone killed or even kill yourselves just because you two can't handle each other!" Dani says. "So...... I'm in......for Bridger." Dani says.

"So we're all in....all we need is the other Expireds we've been communicating with like Janelle, Diego, Alice, Thomas." "Whoa I don't know about Thomas and Alice." Ben says. "Why not?" Because they just had twins, and they've got to take care of them. What would we do if they die fighting with us?" Ben asks. "Oh yeah you've got a point.....okay we'll just call up the rest then. But we need to prepare. We need to get supplies and weapons and even good armor and protectant clothes." I say. "We all need jobs to do since there's a lot to be done. Dani, you can call up all of the Expireds on the list. Elspeth can you and Jade go find some materials and clothing like bulletproof vests, protectant jackets, good strong boots you get the idea. Zach and Zion, you two get as many people in the neighborhood and all around town to fight tonight and to meet at town square tonight at nine tonight and also tell them to bring any weapons they have. Ben, dad, and I will gather weapons from stores and places maybe the people working there will lend us some weapons for this, it's a pretty big deal." I say.

"You heard her, everyone get to work, and fast." Ben says. We all split up and take our phones with us to communicate. Ben, dad, and I head to the nearest gun shop. As soon as we enter in a bald man behind the counter is watching our broadcast on the television on the wall. "Get your weapons and head to the government! We need to stop this now! Our children cannot be born in a cruel world like this!" My voice yells from the television. "Is that you?" The bald man asks. I nod in reply. "You here to borrow some weapons?" He asks. "Yeah we're here to "borrow" them." Ben says. "So I won't get them back?" He asks. "There's no guarantees, but can't you hear the broadcast?! It's saying we're going to war tonight! Who cares if you get them back were doing what's best for the people! We're doing this for you so give us your weapons and shut up!" Dad yells at the man. I punch dad softly because he was so rude about it. "Please?" I ask. "Fine......if it's what's best for the people." The bald man says and motions us with his hands to follow him.

We follow him to a room behind the counter and there's boxes full of guns and weapons. "Is this what your looking for?" He asks. "Yes! This is exactly what we're looking for." Ben says. "Alright let me help you load the car. But you promise you aren't using them against our normal citizens and people?" He asks. "Wow so many questions. Yes, I promise." I say. He starts handing us boxes and we carry them to the car.

A while later we fill the car with not all of the weapons in the shop but as many as we could fit. "Thank you so much sir!" "Thank you for protecting us." He says. We all nod and salute to the man and walk away. I feel like a real veteran. Hah even though I'm not even close. We get in the car and Ben sits in the back, squished by all of the boxes. We drive to town square and drop off a lot of boxes. We agreed that Ben and I stay to watch the boxes, and dad drives to Elspeth's to see if everyone is doing their job.

Authors note: Hey guys hope you liked it sorry it's a day late but I'll try to post another one tonight if I have time. Don't forget to vote, read, share, and comment. Question of the day, do you think they are prepared for this war? Comment what you think and why. Please help to get Expired to win a Watty! Thanks readers!