Chapter 43

Authors note: remember to send me pics for the top of chapters guys! Thanks enjoy this chapter!

Skylars P.O.V

I wake up in a hospital bed. I feel like almost every time I open my eyes I'm in a hospital bed.  I sit up and look around. There's a women across the room looking at some tools. "Excuse me, why am I here?" I ask. She jumps a little and turns around. Oh, sorry Skylar I didn't know you'd wake so soon. Your here because you were shot at the broadcasting remember?" She asks. I think, and I remember the pain. "Yeah, I do remember now. Are Ben and the others okay?" "Yes, they're doing fine. Now we are going to gather more troops from everywhere and not just here in England. We're gathering people from American states. But, this time we'll be heading to the White House to finally wipe the government out."

"Oh, well....that's interesting." I say. "Yes! And Ben filmed a broadcast, would you like to see it?" She asks. I nod and she turns on a television. "I wanted to send a message to everyone." He starts. But I notice there's great fear in his eyes. What went on while I left. But seriously I'm sick of waking up in hospitals I'm sick of waking up to not knowing what's happening and having to find out that something drastic life changing had happened while I was just asleep in a hospital! "And This war isn't over. It almost is, but not yet. Now we head to the White House where our president is and we fight them. I also wanted to let you know that Skylar Peterson, our leader is severely injured, however she is our leader. Our leader lives." He finishes with pride in the last sentence.

"So we really are going to fight at the White House, fight the president, and declare our freedom." I say expressionless. "That's right! No more dates, more freedom, no fear of the day your going to die, no more hiding, just freedom!" She says enthusiastically. "I can't wait." I say sort of sarcastically. I mean, I want our freedom, but fighting the White House? Fighting the president? Isn't that a little too far? Like, can't we talk to him about stopping this, or can we bribe or threaten him? "Anyway, your fine. You've got a bruised lunge, but with that bulletproof vest on sure helped! Not to scare you or anything, but I don't know if you would've survived without it." She says. Good thing I had one on. "So all we have to do it wrap around your hips, put back your protection, and you should be good to go. But, be careful!" She says. "Alright I will." I say.

She grabs some wrap and starts putting it around my waist. My stomach and hip area is really bruised with blue, and gray, and brown colors all over. Once I'm all wrapped up, I put on my protection and head outside with the women. I can give you a ride, but I think they're coming back anytime now." She says. "Okay, let's just wait for them then." I say and we sit on the town square statue's podium and wait.

A little later, trucks come rolling in from the South side. I stand and look for Ben, Dani, dad, Elspeth, Zach, and even Zion. As I'm looking I see Zach and Zion in the same truck, holding hands. They see me and jump out. "Skylar!" They yell and run towards me. They both hug me at the same time, I didn't even know how it was possible. "Sky are you okay?" "Yeah are you okay, I seriously thought you died?!" They both said. "Yeah I'm fine I don't know why they didn't just shoot me in the head, because I had a bulletproof vest on." I say and pat my stomach where the vest is. "Oh we're just glad your okay!" Zion says and hugs me tightly. "I'm fine, but thank you for caring so much." I say. I see dad and Ben hop out of the same car and also run towards me. "SKY!" Ben yells and comes running toward me.

He picks me up and spins me in the air. "Oh my gosh thank goodness your okay." He says and squeezes me. "Ow..Ben....bruised...lunges." I say. "Oh sorry." He says and losses up. "So I saw that were now going to the white house to fight the president." I say. "Nice to see you too Skylar." Dad says. "Oh hey dad sorry I kind of forgot you were here." I say and hug him. "That's okay I'm just glad your safe now." He says. "It was pretty scary being shot actually because I was but wasn't expecting it so I was prepared, but didn't see if coming....if that makes any sense." I say giggling. "Sort of but sort of not." Dad says smiling. I roll my eyes and smile. "Where's Dani?" "She should be coming off the next truck." "Oh okay just wondering. So when are we going to the White House?" I ask. "I was planning on tomorrow, everyone here needs a ton of rest, especially you." He says

"I'm actually not that tired but I'm always down for a nap." I say as the next truck pulls in. I see Elspeth and a bunch of strangers jump off but no Dani. I wait until Elspeth comes to us. I run up to her and start talking. "Hey Elspeth. Where's-" "Oh my goodness your okay I'm so glad darling! I was worried sick from the moment I saw them take you to the elevator!" She says and pulls me into her arms. "Thanks Elspeth, I actually didn't know I knew that much to you." I say releasing myself from her hug. "Oh of course you mean everything to me! Your just like my daughter." She says. "I hate to break the moment but have you seen Dani?" "I haven't, I just pulled up in the last truck so I don't know where she is." She says and my body fills with panic.

"Where's Danielle?"

Authors note: Hey guys hope you liked this chapter. Sorry it's a bit boring and a bit slow like nothing happens, but this is what I like to call a fill in chapter to fill in the time you have in between something so in the next chapter something big will happen. Question of the day, What do you think happened to Danielle? Comment what you think and why. Also do not forget to vote, read, comment, and share. Tomorrow marks two weeks since I've ever weed the thirty day writing challenge so seriously it is so important that you guys vote so please please please do. Thanks readers!