Chapter 1 - Living the dream (!)

In your currently purple room (which, in your opinion, was rather out-dated). Playing on your (PlayStation/Xbox/console). As usual. This wasn't an uncommon predicament for you, seeing as not a lot seemed to intrigue you like a video game.

Since the incident at Freddy's when you were a child (now just a faint memory and experience that you would much rather forget) you haven't been there - not even visited or passed by once - and surprisingly you rather missed the small indie establishment. The smell of warm, greasy pizza, the animatronics singing and coming off the stage to meet you, and the occasional UFO pizza skimming your head, which you would have to dodge to not get a face full of tomato sauce, cheese and/or whatever topping is on it. Those were only a fraction of the many things you missed about Freddy's. But you had grown up now, and your mother had expected you to get a occupation as she had been paying your rent; she couldn't do it for much longer and you secretly knew that, because even if you were better off than some you certainly weren't rich. But you liked being a couch potato, as you could play with your online friends without a care in the world, and you wouldn't have many responsibilities. However, it is about time you got a job; the least active one you could find. And fast, or you'd never hear the end of it. Also, if you failed to do so,  you'd have to move back in with your mother and her boyfriend, which would not be fun and rather embarrassing for multiple reasons.

'Maybe my stepdad (step douche) will actually think of me as his daughter when I don't have to rely on them to help me live in my own place anymore,' you thought. Oh yeah, one minor setback to acquiring a job was your relations. Your mother had divorced with your father just before a court case which determined whether he would be sentenced to life in prison, as he was the main cause of the frontal lobe incident and five children going missing; sadly, none of their bodies were found by the police. It traumatised you a slight bit, and completely changed your opinion on your father - who, up until that point, may as well have been your hero and inspiration - because you had seen both of the crimes with your very eyes. You weren't allowed to tell anyone until after the police were ready to put him behind bars, before you were asked to testify against him, because he couldn't hurt you wherever he was going. He had told you that, 'you would get it', whatever that meant - but you had a pretty good idea of the sick and twisted things he could do from experience.

As you got up, you sounded like your crazy self again, talking to nobody in particular. This was another thing that deterred you from being social - you would get distracted easily and talk to "yourself". Being lonely gave you permits to talk to things you hadn't before, that including the Freddy Fazbear memorabilia (plush toys) that you felt you couldn't throw away for nostalgia's sake.

"Hey plushies! Hey........myself." You looked in the mirror and saw a pretty horrifying sight. Imagine this: the troll from 'Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone' crossed with medusa's snake hair, but the snakes being replaced by a large amount of tumbleweed. Also, being in only your undergarments, your skin looked like it had never seen the light of day (or you were an average romanticised vampire without the appeal). But that was to be expected. You never really went to the beach or swam around in a pool, and you never have the money yourself to go on a good holiday, so you're not tanned to your standards. The hair... well, it happens every day. You're used to it.

You put on your dressing gown quickly and made the short walk down the stairs. From the light slapping sound just beyond your front door, you could guess that the newspaper had just been delivered by the kid on paper rounds. You walked over, opened the door a little (quickly looking left and right to make sure no-one was around), picked the paper up and promptly shut the door again. Then, you walked over to the table and dropped it down onto the front page. It was something about a family drama that you'd be likely to see on The Jeremy Kyle Show. Conveniently, the pre-ordered breakfast that your mother had promised earlier in the week to make up for something insignificant, consisting of (pancakes/waffles/breakfast food) from (pancake/waffle/breakfast place near you) had just arrived, so you grabbed your (purse/wallet) and walked back over to the door. You opened the door, paid the nice man at the doorstep, and took your food, placing it on the table - not without the fleeting moment of panic, of course, with the thought that you hadn't actually put the dressing gown on for a moment. Slumping down and half-heartedly eating, no, shovelling down your breakfast, you pick up the newspaper again.

Flipping to the job section, you notice a sign for a night guard job at the one and only...... Freddy Fazbears pizzeria! The mention of that place jogs your memory for a moment and makes you nostalgic for the second time today, but as it is a lazy job and pays...uuuh...enough, you were willing to take the offer.

"I can't believe I'm doing this, after all the trouble they've caused, I go back to them. I guess they need some comfort as I have been away from them for so long. That is, if they still remember me after years of h/c haired little girls walking in left, right and centre." You sighed to no one in particular. You are now eighteen years old, meaning you had been away from the old establishment for just over 10 years.

'After all the tears I cried for them....for him....I'm still going back. I cannot believe myself. Old habits die hard, I guess.' You thought, already starting to doubt your decision. But it was too late for that.

You call the number for 'Fazbear Entertainment' and surprisingly, it's the manager on the phone (you could just tell) and he sounded like the same guy from the last time you were there . You could guess this as his voice hasn't changed much from what you could vaguely remember.

"Hello, how can I help you?" He asked politely, almost a little too politely. At least, compared to your average manager.

"Oh, hello, I wanted to see if the night guard's post is still available? I wanted to apply for it, for now at least."

"Are you absolutely certain you would like to take on this job?" He asks with a hint of worry in his tone.

"Certain! If I wasn't, I wouldn't be calling." You joked. "Also, my name is Y/n L/n." You replied.

"Wait a minute, I...somehow recognise your voice - and your name, kind of like if I hadn't heard it in years... are you that girl who would come every weekend for, well, longer than any of the other children that I can remember, just to see the animatronics? To 'talk' to them, if you will?"

"Yeah I am, I'm surprised you still remembered!" You said, shocked, but sat with a content smile. It's nice to know someone from your childhood actually remembered you. That also reminded you to get back in touch with Mike, but that thought was soon brushed aside when he started talking again.

"Well, you're hired! Come tonight at 11:30pm so I can show you around, give you your uniform, and other stuff like that."

"Okay, I'll see you tonight! Goodbye!"

"Good luck keeping your head throughout the whole 'experience'..." He mumbled under his breath, which you just managed to catch.

Well, that kind of shook you. But at least your family would be proud of you. The animatronics will be happy to see you as well! They wouldn't hurt you, would they? Would they?