chapter 16

I ran through the woods, searching for any sign that Frodo or Boromir had taken the way I was going. The longer it took me to find them, the more slightly panicked I became.

"Frodo, where are you?" I questioned under my breath.

It suddenly hit me just how quiet it was in the forest...unnaturally quiet. No birds or any other animals could be heard. Even the wind was still. A strange feeling came over me as I crouched on the forest floor. My skin prickled with the feeling of danger surrounding me. My head started to ache as voices seemed to whisper all around me. I stumbled to my feet and shook my head, trying to rid myself of the dizziness that had come over me. I took one step forward and nearly fell over as the pain and dizziness increased along with the voices. Stumbling over to a tree, I leaned against it as I gripped the sides of my head.

"Andriel"

"Go away."

"Andriel"

"I said leave!"

The chilling voice filled my head and surrounded me with fear. I knew who was in my head, and I wanted him out. Now.

"I will have you. You will be my queen and together, with our powers, we will rid this world of all things good."

"No," I gasped out. By this point, the pain had grown so intense I was laying on the ground gasping in air as I gripped my head in my hands.

"You will not have my powers!"

"You will surrender to me!"

I could not let him take me. If I turned to him, my power would bring destruction to everything I came across. I had to fight. I HAD to fight him. Summoning all the strength and energy I had, I closed my eyes and tried to clear my mind. My energy shone brightly inside of me as I gathered all the strength I could into my mind.

"You will not have me, Sauron. You will not take my power and use it against everything that I hold dear!"

A growling and hissing noise started filling my head.

"Leave me!" My voice was filled with power as I commanded him to leave my mind.

"I will have you! I will have your power, Andriel!"

"I said leave!" I gathered my strength and sent a powerful wall of light up in my mind, throwing Sauron and his darkness out.

The pain left me as I pushed Sauron out. The force of my power in my mind knocked me back to the ground from my half-sitting, half-crouching position. I gasped in air and just laid there on the damp leaf covered ground. I felt so tired. My body felt as if I had just fought a whole army alone. All I could do was lay on the ground and rest my tired mind and body. Before long, my eyes drifted closed and surrounded me in blissful darkness.

----------------------------------------------------

I awoke with a start as I heard the sound of a horn in the distance. The reminder that Frodo and Boromir were in these woods alone rushed over me. I jumped up only to groan and hold my head as pain and dizziness shot through my head. I gripped the tree and used it to pull myself up as I stumbled towards the direction of the horn. It was then that I realized I could hear the clash of metal and shouts of Orcs in the same direction. I quickend my pace as I ran and stumbled through the trees. Every step I took sent waves of pain through my skull, nearly taking the breath right out of me. Running up a hill, I immediately ducked behind a tree at the top. I peered around the trunk and watched as Boromir battled giant Orcs as Merry and Pippin stood to the side. My mind raced with what I should do. I was too weak to fight them face to face, but if I could get to higher ground and conceal myself, I could pick them off with my bow.