Chapter 4: First day of school

Sorry for the last update but here it is hope you like it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Running.

Sprinting.

I'm always running.

There was no pleasure in it, not anymore. My sweat tasted like ash; noise in my ears. Every day I go jogging, running, sprinting, going further each day, practising for this day. The feeling of pain in my lungs is unbearable. I know there is another level of pain that I am excused from thinking. I can feel the sting of each footfall, bring me closer to home. The pain with each step was a promise of a burning beyond which oblivion, close to what a drunken head must feel after every single swallow of that burning liquid. Or a dope head with every needle.

It starts with a small discomfort but then turns into a huge release. I was running, not for the speed or to get anywhere but for the pain itself. The pain, the pain that I felt from someone who should be soothing me, caring for me and loving me. The one guy I should be able to rely on, depend on, and lean on was the one person who brought the ugly side out of me.

I am running for the pain, the pain from every touch, every lash, and every mean word that was said.

Just for the pain itself.

I am running just to feel the pain in my lungs and legs, but still not giving up. I run through each tall tree, where traffic and humans can't go. All I see is the lights from the streets, shining into this dark forest.

The howls echo throughout the forest as my heart pounds in time of my heavy footsteps.

My breath comes heavier and faster as the wind whips across my face. My eyes slowly rake the dark area of trees, looking for an opening. Anything. Something. Just an opening.

My breath comes to a halt as a loud snarl break throughout a clearing further up.

Clutching my jacket closer to my body, I hold onto it as if it was a personal shield. Holding onto it as if my life depended on it. I slowly exhale as my breathing seems to become normal again. Feeling a dark presence behind me, my breathing ceases immediately. I don't dare move an inch. Heavy breathing is heard and felt along my left ear and neck.

A shiver runs down my spine as the wolf chasing me growls lowly in my ear. My eyes shut tightly, hands clutched tightly, nails piercing my skin as a trickle of blood slides down my left palm. I stand and wait as I let fate decide what's best for me as I balance my options.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A loud howl sounds out in the dark quite night, making my eyes snap open as a gasp leaves my slightly parted lips. My fingers clutch at my damp bedsheets, my legs tangled in the sheets. My heart races, blood rushing to my face. I lay there dead still, still trying to figure out if I am awake or still in a nightmare.

I trickle of sweat slides down my neck and in-between my boobs, causing goose bumps to rise on my sweaty skin. A second howl coming from the bottom of my bed jolts me and makes me jump of the bed, I turn to the source I see Bailey my pure white husky watching me suspiciously.

I smile and turn my head to my clock and reading 3:15

I smile and turn my head to my clock and reading 3:15. I cringe as I take in all the packed up brown boxes.

A sigh makes it way out of my mouth, gently removing the blanket from my legs and standing, cringing slightly as the floor boards creak loudly. Bailey's head snaps up and his baby blue eyes shining through the black room as he yawns silently. He stands, stretching his long limbs as he moves off the bed moving off the bed coming to rub his head affectionately against my thigh.