Chapter 7

(Friday)

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I quickly turned it off, and looked out the window. I sighed and got out of bed. I took a long shower, washing my hair and body with my soap and shampoo. The space instantly smelled like pineapple, pear and clementine before turning into honey and praline laced with violet. I stepped out of the shower and wrapped my hair and body in the towel.

I walked out of the bathroom and into my closet. I decided on a pair of black slightly destroyed high waisted skinny jeans. I paired it with a black crop top and a red checked top over. I put on a pair of red Nikes and a black choker. I walked to my vanity and started putting on my mascara, eyeliner, and lip gloss. I decided not to put on and eyeshadow as I grabbed my bag and left my room.

Downstairs, I got my cheer bag that I packed the night before since today was try outs

Downstairs, I got my cheer bag that I packed the night before since today was try outs. I grabbed an apple before leaving for school. When I got to school and got out of my car, I sniffed the air and was disappointed that I didn't smell citrus and the forest with a hint of mint. I didn't see my friends so I just went into my first class. I spotted Lucas and Joshua in our normal seats and sat down between them.

"Hey Jess!" They said happily. "Hey guys!" I said back with a smile on my face. We kept talking until the teacher walked in and class started. He was teaching another topic I already learned. When will he teach something that I don't know?! Language arts was just as uneventful as math. I made my way towards gym and into the girl's locker room. I put on a black sports bra, leggings, and black running shoes. I walked out of the locker room and into the gym, walking towards Colton and Joshua.

"Hey guys!" I chirped. "Hey. Jess," Colton and Joshua said. The coach said that we were playing soccer today. "Ok, Colton and Joshua are team captains," the coach said as he flipped a coin, "Colton, you call it."

"Heads," he said immediately. It landed and it was heads. "Ok Colton, you pick first." All the girls looked hopeful that he would pick one of them first, including that bitch, Nia. Colton smirked at Joshua, and pointed at me, "I pick... Jessica!"

"Damn! That's not fair!" Joshua whined. I may be a cheerleader, but I was pretty damn good at soccer too. I laughed and walked to Colton's side while Joshua glared at him, and Colton instantly put his arm around me. Whiles Joshua was picking Colton came with his famous pickup lines. "Are you a magician?"

"Because whenever I look at you, everyone disappears!" I finish off

"Shit, Your good... do you know what my shirt is made of?"

"Hmm boyfriend material... Colton you do realise you aint wearing a shirt" I said laughing. This has become our thing, Colton saying pickup lines whiles we banta.

After a while Joshua finally picked so it was Colton's turn. They kept picking people until some girl named Claire and Nia were left. Nia looked pissed that she was one of the last people left.