Nasty coffee

Castle's POV

I laughed silently as I watched detective Beckett talking to captain Montgomery. It was just so funny to see her upset. I then felt weight being put onto the desk I was sitting on. I looked beside me to see the girl Alexis had met at the coffee shop, the detectives daughter.
"This is the worst I've seen my mom angry in a long time, and usually I would be upset at you but actually this is kinda funny." The girl then started laughing, I joined her until she calmed down and pointed to a Hispanic looking man.

"That's detective Javier Esposito, he's like a big brother to my mom and most likely to hunt you down and kill you if you hurt me or her. He is also former military but on the inside he can ether be a puppy or a hot head with an attitude." She then pointed to and Irish looking man who had a glass bottle with a green liquid inside it. " and that is detective Kevin Ryan, he's Irish and easy to make fun of." She giggled. " ow and that drink he has is for his stupid diet before his wedding next weekend, don't ask me why because I already explained it to your son, but he can't eat or drink anything except for that lime water."

An African American woman walked up to the desk we were sitting on.
"Laura, hey where is your mom?" She turned her head and pointed to the captains  office. "She's in there talking to the cap about this wirdo here." She pointed her thumb toward me and I acted offended.
"Hey at least I'm not the one who hangs around here all day, well not yet anyway." She rolled her eyes and looked at me. "Look the only reason I hang around here all the time is because everyone here is like my family and I love them all, besides I don't have any friends." She looked down at the floor when she said that last part. I turned her way and furrowed.

"Wait, how can you not have any friends, you seem like a sweet girl, and what about Ross, aren't you two friends." She kept looking at the floor and shook her head. "Nope not one friend. Not a lot of people like me because of me only having one parent, I have no idea what happened to my dad and really I don't care. And me and Ross are in the same English class but we never talked before today because he was always so quiet, but he seems pretty cool."
The woman suddenly got a wide smirk across her face and I knew exactly what was coming up.
"Do you think he's cute."
The woman said. The girls head shot up  immediately and gave the woman a cold look. "Lanie I advise you to shut up right now or my mom is going to have to put me in holding." Me and the woman both laughed. "Besides, I just talked to the guy for the first time today, give me a break." The woman then walked off to talk to someone else.

"That's Dr. Laine Perish, witch I think you already met earlier at the morgue. You know she's the M.E. She is my moms best friend and mine."
She then pointed her finger at herself. "And I'm Laura Marie Beckett, daughter of Kate Beckett and a pig. My job is getting coffee for everyone every day because the coffee maker in the break room makes the most disgusting coffee ever." She almost gaged at the last part. "oh come on it can't be that bad." She widened her eyes then gave me an evil look. "Ok you wanna try some." I shrugged. "Sure" as I got up to go to the break room she pulled my arm. "Hold up I want to make a bet" I grinned. "Ok what."
She looked at me like she was about to win the lottery. "Ok if you like the coffee then I will help you to annoy my mom because obviously you enjoy doing that. And if you hate the coffee you have to buy a espresso machine for the break room." I thought about it for a minute before she continued. "Ow and if you don't trust my pranking  skills you can call Ross and he'll tell you how evil I was earlier."

I gave in and then we headed to the break room. She pulled out a mug and turned on the coffee machine, after a minute she poured the liquid into the mug and handed it to me. I took a sip of it and after a minute I spit it out. Laura then started laughing. "Don't say I didn't warn you." She said in between laughs.
I looked over at her. "It tastes like a monkey peed in battery acid." We both then started laughing. We cleaned up the break room then we went back to Beckett's desk to find her there."what were you two doing?"Beckett asked while raising an eyebrow.
"Don't worry mom I was just proving to him that the coffee in the break room is horrible." She rolled her eyes and smiled. "So how was it castle?" She asked looking at me. "That is the most disgusting thing that I have ever tasted in my life." She laughed a bit then sat down at her desk. Laura walked over to her mom while looking at her phone.

"Hey mom I'm going to go meet up with friend, I'll be home by 10 ok." She hugged her mom then picked up her bag. "Ok but what friend, in case I need to pick you up early." I was confused. " Laura I thought you said you didn't have any friends?" Laura then gave me a cold stare. Her mom was now a bit confused, I guess she thought she had a lot of friends. "I'm meeting Ross." She mumbled under her breath before walking to the elevator and leaving the precinct. Beckett gave me a look. "What do you mean Laura doesn't have any friends?" I looked up at her as I sat Down in the chair Laura was in earlier. "Well while you were talking to captain Montgomery, Laura told me she didn't have any friends, my sons the Same though, I didn't find out he didn't have any friends until a few weeks ago when Alexis told me." Beckett nodded her head. "I guess it's just hard to tell sometimes when your busy working all the time, but why is she hanging out with your son, no offense but Laura just met him today."
I thought about it then shrugged my shoulders. "I guess they have some things in common or something." She then got a call on her phone, after a minute she got off. "Well one of our officers who have been watching the Vic's apartment found someone trying to break in so they are bringing him in now." I nodded my head. "This is so cool!" I said like a little kid opening his gifts on Christmas. "Oh no hot shot, before you can go to crime scenes and into interrogations with me you got to do some paper work with someone so if you get shot you can't sue us or something, so you can watch behind the glass for now." She then started to work on some paper work when her phone buzzed. A smirk then grew across her face as she showed me her phone with a text from Laura that said.

"Tell mr big shot not to forget about the expresso machine;)"

"While we're waiting how about you use that computer over there to order the expresso machine." She said then smirked.

You know I think I'm going to like it here.