19 year olds

Castle's POV

We walked into the precinct and Beckett handed me the file that I found in the Vic's apartment.
"The girls name is Vanessa Marano,she's 19 and the file said she has been in and out of juvi since she was 12." She walked over to the big white board and put the girls picture up and wrote her name underneath it along with other details. Detective Esposito walked over.
"I went to the bookstore to talk with the other employees, but they knew nothing about this girl or our Vic for that matter. And Ryan called the juvi in Brooklyn and they didn't even know the file was missing until He called them. But your girl here has been there multiple times for vandalism and under age drinking. Apparently she is a foster kid who has been in the system since she was born, there's nothing about her mother of father, just that it was closed so she can't search for her parents."
Beckett sat down at her desk and pulled out a folder. "Thanks espo, try and see if Ryan can get those parents names from the hospital Vanessa was born in, and you try and track down Vanessa and bring her in." Esposito nodded then went off to his desk.
I sat down in the chair next to Beckett's desk. "I wonder why the Vic was interested in this girl?" Beckett looked up from the folder. "He could be her father." I said. Beckett let out a frustrated sigh. "There's no evidence, for all we know right now he could be her booze buyer."
"But he could be her father. Just think of the story! She walks into the book store and starts browsing through books when he notices something familiar about her. Maybe it's that she has the same eyes as her mother, or maybe it's her smile. Then he realizes this must be the child he and her mother gave up so many years ago. Then on a long shot he contacts his friend to break into the juvi in Brooklyn to see if it's her, and right before he can dig deeper he's killed." Ryan walked up behind us while taking a sip of his lime water. "Only one problem with that, Daniel was gay, very gay. After looking through what CSU pulled out of his room I noticed he had about a dozen gay magazines and his little black book is full of gay men witch I called, and now I know why I'm straight." Beckett looked back up from the folder. "Hey did javi tell you about the girls parents." He nodded his head. "Yep, and I was able to get the mothers name." Ryan walked up to the board and put up a picture of a women at least 30 or 40. "Her names Ellen Marano, and I already called her in she's on her way now."
Beckett went back to the folder. "Thanks Ryan, tell me when she gets here." He nodded then walked off just as javi walked up with the 19 year old. "Here she is Beckett, found her trying to tag a unit outside." Vanessa rolled her eyes.
--------------------------
Beckett's POV
I walked into the interrogation room and sat down. "Vanessa my name is detective Beckett and I want to ask you some questions." She sat in her seat and just looked at me with no emotion at all. I pulled out a picture of the victim. "Have you ever met Daniel Philips?" She said nothing and still showed no emotion. I sighed. "Let's try this again, now you answer my questions or you will be put behind bars for 48 hours for vandalizing a public area, what's it going to be Vanessa?" She looked at the photo again. "I've never seen him before in my life." She still showed zero emotion. "Now how come I don't believe that?" I said then pulled out a cellphone. "Guess who's number shows up repeated times on your phone? Let's see?" I pulled out the Vic's phone and pressed the call button on his most recent call.  After a few seconds  fallout boys ' my songs know what you did in the dark' starts playing on Vanessa's phone. "Oh look at that, you have his number saved in your phone." She stared me in the eye with I bit of fear. "Now Vanessa just so you know, I don't make empty threats, in fact I'll keep you in lock up for additional 48 hours if you don't start talking."  She let out a sigh as if she was raising a white flag. "Fine, you caught me, boo hoo, now can I go?" She was relaxed like it was no big deal she was being questioned for a murder investigation. "Start talking and I'll consider it." She sighed then rolled her eyes. "Ok I know Danny from him working at the book store, we sort of became friends and he is the one person I can rely on."

"When did you see him last?" I questioned.
"About a week ago, I had gone over to his apartment so we could hang out but he said he was busy, he was acting wired though."
"How was he acting wired?" I asked.
"It was like he wanted me gone as fast as possible, I tried to ask him what was wrong but he just told me he was busy and I should come back later, now why are you asking me all these questions about him, is he in trouble or something?"
I cleared my throat. "Vanessa, I'm sorry I have to tell you this but Daniel was murdered."
She froze for a second, like she was trying to process what I had just said, her emotionless face was now trying hard not to look weak. A tear rolled down her cheek and she quickly wiped it away.
"Do you know who did it?" Her voice had now become angry.
"No, not yet, his body was in an alley a few blocks from here, dose that mean anything to you?"
She shook her head. "No, Danny most of the time would just hang out in his apartment or at work."
I could tell she was about ready to scream. "Do you know any enemies he had?" She shook her head again.
"Ok Vanessa I only have one more question for you, do you know why Daniel would want your juvi folder?"
Her head shot up and her expression was shocked. "Vanessa what is it?" She started to tear up. "For my 20th birthday, Danny promised me he would find my parents,I always told him how I wanted to meet them and ask why they gave me up but since it was a closed case it was next to impossible."
She wiped her tears a bit with her sweater sleeve. "I guess that's what got him killed." I felt sorry for this girl, no home, no parents, and now her best friend was gone. "Why would searching for your parents get him killed?" She looked me straight in the eye. "Because through out the years I was able to find one thing out about my father, he was wanted for murder about 5 years after I was born but they never found him." I frowned my eye brows. "Vanessa how do you know all this?" She bit her lip. "Let's just say I used to deal with a friend of his a few years back but I stopped once he told me I was his friends daughter and the only reason he was working with me was so my dad could keep me on his radar." I stood up. "That's all I need right now Vanessa, if you want to you can spend some time in the break room before you go." She nodded her head. Something about this girl seemed familiar though. I don't think I had ever seen her before but she reminded me of someone. I turned around right before I left the room. "Vanessa if you want to you can spend the night at my apartment if it's alright with you." She shook her head. "Thank you detective, but I got some place to be." I looked her in the eyes. "Vanessa trust me a bed is going to be way more comfier than a box." She nodded her head. "Alright, fine." We headed out of the interrogation room, she went to the break room while I went to my desk. "Beckett, there was another body drop near our crime Scene." Espo said while picking up his jacket. I groaned. "I'll call Mrs. Marano and tell her to come by tomorrow, castle you go on with the boys, this is going to be a long night."
___________________________
Hey everyone!!!

Now before you get upset I'm SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING!!! I've been in and out of town all month!!!

Sorry if this chapter was bad, I was bored of castles POV, but it's Laura next!!!!! YAY!!!

Who do you guys think is Vanessa's father 🤔🤔

Ow guys watch the video at the top!!! It will make you cry!!!

Go read my other books!!!

Follow my Instagrams!!! @charity_r5_marano & @stanas.daughter

Like, comment, share, follow!!!

Love you guys!!!!

              ~Charity💖💖💖~