Strength

Joey:

After giving Summer a bath, rocked up and all, I decide to give her some alone time and swiftly get dressed in a Pro Era hoodie, black joggers and nike slippers and I creep out the house quietly. While leaving out the condo's garage I notice the police handcuffing a tall light skinned dude right outside the entrance to the building. Being that its none of my business I continue driving to the Apple store to buy Summer a new phone and maybe some toys to cheer her up.

I wonder what she's doing?

Summer: I awake groggily to the door bell ringing wondering why Joey isn't answering. After 5 more minutes of the annoying ringing I get up and put on a pair of Joey's boxers and shirt since I fell asleep after getting out of the tub. While slowly descending the stairs I hear Rose calling my name at the door. Before the door is open fully Rose pushes herself through looking panicked.

"Summer I've been calling you all day!"

I go to reach for my phone and remember that I broke it earlier.

"I'm so sorry Rose I broke my phone earlier and I've been sleep all day" I say walking to the kicthen to rummage through the fridge.

"Lance was outside" Rose says as if it's been hurting her to keep it in. I drop the plate of food I find and stand completely still trying to calm my frazzled nerves. I step over the mess on the floor and walk to Rose, "What do you mean he was outside?"

"As I was coming in from work earlier I saw him sitting in the back of a squad car. I asked one of the officers what was going on and he said the door man called the police after he noticed Lance sitting outside the building since 6 a.m."

"You think he was waiting for me?"

"I don't know Summer but you know he won't be in there long on B.S. charges. I think you should get a restraining order on him just in case."
I sit on the sofa in bewilderment wondering what is going on in Lance's mind, he was never this crazy and sporadic.

What if he's trying to kill me?

I hear Rose talking but I can't focus on the words with my mind racing.

"Rose I'll come down and talk to you later" I say cutting her off mid sentence.

"Ok then. But I'm here for you, me and Rodrick so don't stress to hard."
I nod my head and walk her to the door receiving a needed hug from Rose.

Why won't this crazy asshat leave me alone!
I don't understand why he won't let me go. I didn't tell anybody about him and Gary nor did I go to the police with the arson theory so what is it!

"Summer are you up" I hear Joey say at the door to the guest room.

"Yeah come in" I say rolling over and facing the door.

"Did you eat yet? "

"I dropped a plate of food I found earlier so no."

"Well I have a jalapeno burger and fries from Steak N Shake downstairs."
My mood instantly brightens at the mention of my favorite burger joint. I run down the stairs to see the living covered in shopping bags. I find the Steak N Shake bag and tear it open no remorse.

With a mouth full of food I say to Joey "Went shopping huh? I better have at least one thing in those bags.
He stands by the counter staring at me with those intense eyes.

"They're all for you."