Chapter 1

When Dylan decided to take a ride on her Harley Friday afternoon the sky was clear and the temperature in the mid-seventies but as she looked up now, she could see the dark clouds rolling in from the west. Sighing, she knew better than to try to predict the weather, particularly in the Great Northwest, Seattle in general. The one thing she hadn't counted on though was the quickness of it or the way her bike began to buck and lunge beneath her.

"What now"? She wondered as she pulled into a residential area that seemed fairly upscale noticing the two story houses with two and three car garages on either side of her.

Always wary of other people's thoughts when she rode her Harley because of her leathers, Dylan tried to find a more secluded area to park her bike in front of so she could check and see if it was something she could fix on her own. Not finding much luck, she turned a corner and at least found a back yard with a tall wooden fence surrounding it and just across the street was the same. At least no one could stare out their front windows watching her as if she were some burglar about to break into their precious homes. Easing her bike to the curb, she switched off the engine and threw her leg over to kneel down and take a look. Nothing looked out of place as she jiggled a few wires to make sure they were connected properly. Sighing, she looked up at the sky and shook her head as she pulled her cell phone out to call Dan.

"Are you kidding me"? Dylan said as she realized she had no power. "I just charged this".

Closing it and then opening it again, she had the same result as the first time, dead. Looking down the street she had just turned up on, she wondered how far the last station or convenience store with a pay phone had been, and when a white Lexus turned the corner Dylan was standing at, she wondered if she should smile or just ignore the driver as if she didn't see them but as the car approached she noticed an attractive brunette. Tipping her head in acknowledgement, she suddenly wondered if maybe she should just knock on someone's door and ask them to make a call for her.

With a quick decision, she turned and walked about ten yards up the street in the direction that the Lexus had gone, realizing it had turned into the drive of the backyard she was parked next to, she stopped at the bottom of the drive and called out, "Excuse me," and waited for the brunette to look her way.

Stepping out of the vehicle and looking her way, Dylan went on, "I apologize for intruding but it seems I've run into a little bad luck, my bike's broke down and my cell phone is dead...if I give you a number will you make a call for me"? She asked noticing the tailor made white pant suit and the high heels she wore with it. Was there anything hotter than a woman wearing high heels?

With a curious look, the woman headed down the small slope of her driveway in Dylan's direction with what looked to be a hint of a smile, her dark hair gleaming in the sunlight and her green eyes sparkling, "That is a bit of bad luck," she replied then looking upwards, she added, "and it looks like it may get worse."

Tearing her eyes away from the sultry good looks of this beautiful brunette, Dylan followed her gaze upward and sighed, "Yes, It does appear that way."

When Dylan brought her eyes back down from the sky, she noticed piercing green eyes already on hers, "You can use my cell," she replied handing Dylan her phone, which she apparently had in her hand the whole time.

Reaching out for it, Dylan met her gaze evenly, "Thank you, I really appreciate this."

"I have to grab some work from my car so take your time; I'll be back in a few minutes." She told Dylan before giving her a soft smile and turning to head back up the drive.