Chapter 10

Knowing she couldn't make love to Devon all night, and that Devon wasn't going to let her family situation go, she decided to just tell her the truth after they had made love again.

It wasn't that she was trying to keep that part of her life from Devon, she just honestly didn't want her involved...because of Max. Well, Max and her family. Anyone with Dylan would automatically be associated with Dylan's name, and Dylan was honestly just trying to protect her...so when Devon suggested that she send the money to her Aunt Katie with her own funds and Dylan pay her back in small amounts, Dylan almost had a heart attack.

"Absolutely not, that's ridiculous." Dylan stated, "Have you lost your mind"?

Throwing the covers back, Devon stepped out of bed and reached for her robe as if remembering what Dylan had told her earlier about having a serious conversation.

"Why, you just said you can't do it because of the way Max is watching you," she returned, "He isn't watching me, so why can't I help"?

"Because I don't want you involved." Dylan stated adamantly as she sat up.

Tying the sash on her robe, Devon smiled gently and came over to sit on the edge of the bed, "Dylan, I love you and you love your brother..." she started and took Dylan's hand in hers, "your hands are tied, but mine aren't...let me help you."

Sighing deeply as she looked in Devon's eyes, she told her, "I don't even know if Aidan is telling me the truth."

Raising her hand to her lips, Devon kissed it and said, "I think you believe he is and I know you want to save Conner...it's only twenty five hundred Dylan, don't you think it's worth a try"?

"Do you know what twenty five hundred can buy in the IRA"? Dylan asked seriously looking into her deep green pools.

Putting her hand to the side of Dylan's face, "He's your brother honey, you have to try." She said gently.

Shaking her head, Dylan leaned back and ran a hand through her hair, she knew Devon was right, but she didn't want to admit it.

"I'll think about it." Dylan replied knowing she only had a few hours left to do so.

Laying down beside her, Devon put her hand on her chest and kissed her cheek softly, "Everything will work out darling."

As if knowing she needed some time, Devon went downstairs for a while. Dylan told her she would be down shortly, but after only a few minutes she got up and began to dress. Dylan knew she needed to talk to Mark, after all, he was inadvertently a part of this and she also needed to talk to her Aunt Katie on a secure phone to make sure this was all on the up and up.

Devon was sitting on the couch with her long legs curled up beside her when Dylan came down fully dressed.

Looking up in alarm, Devon jumped up, "Dylan"?

Stepping up to her, Dylan put her arms around her and smiled, "it's okay baby..." she assured her, "I just need to talk to Mark and go buy a phone so that it can't be traced back to me when I talk with my Aunt."

"But I thought you were going to spend the night"? She said frowning a little.

"Its early babe, we have options."

"What are they"? She asked curiously.

"I can come back here but it will probably be after midnight, or you can meet me at my place around eleven...or we can see each other tomorrow."