Chapter 4

Devon wasn't exactly sure of what she was feeling but after they had woken up from this morning's lovemaking, Dylan had made them a small breakfast and then suggested that she drive her home. Devon knew that just because they had spent the night together didn't mean they would have an automatic relationship but when Dylan made no mention of further plans, Devon couldn't help but feel like perhaps, even after all the words Dylan had spoken to her, that this was all there was to it. Then suddenly, she got a sick feeling in her stomach as she vaguely remembered saying she might be falling in love with her before she fell asleep the first time. Terrified, Devon glanced over at Dylan's strong profile as she watched her drive and wondered if she had blown it already. Why couldn't she have just kept her mouth shut!

What had she done? She'd probably scared the bejesus out of her and now Dylan wanted nothing to do with her. Dylan must think she was some love starved woman who clung on to the first person who paid her any attention. Oh God, how would she be able to fix this, she wondered as her heart beat wildly in her chest. Things had moved too fast and now Dylan couldn't wait to drop her off and move on. Devon knew she had acted hastily but she had never felt so much for anyone, not even her ex-husband Max had brought out the desire and passion that Dylan had.

"I hope your neighbors don't keep track of your coming and goings." Dylan smiled as she pulled into Devon's drive and shut the engine down.

"What"? She asked as if in another world, "Oh no, I'm not real close with my neighbors."

Dylan had expected to come in but suddenly wondered if maybe she had jumped the gun. She had noticed how quiet Devon had been all morning and especially on the drive back to her place. Maybe, she just needed some time for herself or maybe, she was having second thoughts.

"Would you like to come in"? Devon finally asked after realizing that Dylan was holding her keys in her hand.

Searching her eyes for a moment, Dylan finally smiled, "I was beginning to think you were tired of me already."

Sighing in relief, Devon laid her head back and put a hand to her heart, "No, I thought you were dropping me off because you were tired of me." She answered and Dylan suddenly understood why she'd been so quiet.

Reaching out Dylan took her hand, "I brought you home so you could shower and change or do whatever it is that you need to, I wasn't even sure if you had to work or not, but not because I'm tired of you." She told her honestly.

"I'm sorry Dylan," She replied shaking her dark mane lightly, "I don't know what's wrong with me, I feel like I don't know whether I'm coming or going...I'm not used to going this fast." Devon added watching Dylan intently.

"We can slow it down a bit." Dylan told her truthfully.

With a soft smile, Devon shook her head lightly again, "I don't see that happening soon as every time I look at you I want to be in your bed again."

Dylan felt her heart skip a beat and a tingle begin in her lower region as Devon's words sunk in, then clearing her throat she managed to get out, "Damn woman, you sure have a way with words."

"It's true though, I just keep thinking of how wonderful it felt in your arms but now I'm afraid that because I jumped in your bed so quickly, there's nothing left and you'll be done with me."

Leaning her head back against the headrest, Dylan looked in Devon's eyes and sighed, "It hurts to think that you believe I am that shallow."