Chapter 5

The next morning Devon woke up to a sleeping Dylan and immediately her heart began to race. Just thesight of her laying next to her sent Devon into a tail spin...slow down, she told herself but all she could think about was the way this strong but quiet woman touched her, and suddenly she was entertaining thoughts of playing house. She knew she had no business even thinking that after two dates but to top it all off, she was almost certain she was falling in love with her.

Shaking off that thought, Devon threw back the covers and gently started to get out of bed when she felt Dylan roll over and wrap a strong arm around her waist.

"Just where do you think you're going"? Dylan asked playfully but with a trace of sleep in her voice.

Turning her head with a smile, "I was going to go and make us some coffee." She replied liking the way held her place.

"Not so fast beautiful..." Dylan stated pulling her back down, "Don't I at least get a good morning kiss"?

"I thought you were still sleeping." She replied leaning down to kiss her.

"That doesn't matter," Dylan told her before receiving her soft warm lips, "I'll always want a kiss before you get out of bed."

Devon's eyes seemed to sparkle at that as if she were implying a future, "I think I can arrange that." She responded and then leaned in for another hungry kiss.

"That's more like it," Dylan said swallowing as she felt that familiar tingle in her loins, "Now, what about that coffee"? She quickly added so as not to start anything again for fear of Devon thinking she was some kind of sex addict.

As if reading Dylan's thoughts, Devon smiled knowingly and asked, "Are you sure that's what you want right now"?

Clearing her throat, Dylan shook her head, "No, but it's a start." She stated.

Devon actually made breakfast along with the coffee, and then afterwards Dylan asked if she could take a shower. She actually wanted to stay and spend another glorious afternoon in bed with this wonderfully bewitching woman, but she knew Sunday's were often busy and after last night's visit from Max, Dylan wanted to make sure things were still running smoothly.

As Dylan was getting dressed in the bedroom, Devon came in with a frown, "I wish you could stay but I know you have to get back." She told her as she stepped up and slid her arms around Dylan's neck.

"I wish I could too," Dylan admitted, getting lost in her emerald eyes, "but Sunday's are usually pretty busy and I like to be there in case anything goes wrong."

Playing with the short hair at the back of Dylan's neck, Devon nodded, "I understand," she replied with a slight pout that Dylan found almost irresistible, then with a soft smile, she added, "Will you call me later"?

What Dylan wanted to say was to come with her, but she knew some separation was in order, so instead she just answered, "Absolutely." Before giving her a tender kiss.

Bringing Devon back to work with her would have been a bad idea all the way around. For one, Dylan wouldn't have been able to concentrate. Two, her employees wouldn't have been able to concentrate and three, it may have really set Max off, if he was still watching her.

Dylan also knew that after spending the better part of 48 hours with this woman, she needed some time to figure out what came next. She saw the angst in Devon's eyes when she had kissed her goodbye, worried that maybe that was the last time she'd see her again. Even though Dylan had told her she would call, there was still a certain amount of worry and she just hoped that Devon would trust her enough to wait and see. After all, isn't that what dating was all about, getting to know each other and learning how to trust one another?