Chapter 14

As soon as Dylan stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around her waist, Devon came in with a smile on her beautiful face,

"Charles called while you were in the shower," she started putting her arms around Dylan's waist as she stood facing the mirror with toothbrush in hand.

Looking at her through the mirror, Dylan frowned, "Charles?"

"My boss...he apologized and wants me back." Devon stated with a smug look on her face.

"Oh, really." Dylan said feeling her anger rise because of the way this jackass had given her an ultimatum. "How do you feel about that?"

"I told him to go fuck himself." She stated with a proud look on her face.

"What!" Dylan choked out with a laugh at hearing such language come from this perfect woman's mouth.

"That's right..." She smiled as Dylan spit her toothpaste out in the sink before turning around and slipping her arms around Devon's waist. "I told him that he was wrong for letting me go the way he did, and I didn't appreciate his ultimatum and I felt it was unforgivable." She added sliding her arms around Dylan's neck.

"Wow, what did he say?"

"He said he knew he was wrong and that he was really sorry he'd acted so unprofessionally, and then he said, that there were a lot of clients asking for me."

"Oh, so his apology is actually to please his clients." Dylan sighed sadly, because she knew how much Devon had loved her job.

"And that is exactly why I told him to go fuck himself." She replied smiling again.

"We're going to have to work on that potty mouth of yours." Dylan teased leaning in to brush her lips with her own. "So what will you do now?"

"I'm not sure what I'll do in the long run," She started then stepped back and untied the sash on her robe and let it slip off her shoulders to the floor, "But for now, I'm going to take a shower." She stated huskily, raising an eyebrow as she bit her bottom lip sexily and then reached out and took Dylan's hand to pull her in with her.

---------------

Once out of the shower, the second time for Dylan, they both got dressed and  then Dylan announced that she was going to take Devon out and do something fun...something they hadn't done yet, so they ended up in Tacoma at the museum of glass, which was basically some unique glass blown into unique shapes and sizes, most of it was exquisite, but some was just your ordinary ornaments and knick knack stuff.

Of course, all of Dylan's hopes of whisking Devon off to somewhere special were dashed when she realized that Devon had been here more than a few times for past clients, even some of the staff knew her by name!

Devon, being the good sport that she was, proceeded to introduce Dylan to a new form of art as she explained some of the intricate designs and patterns woven into the glass itself.

"Devon, I'm sorry..." Dylan said stopping to take her hands, "I wasn't thinking that you'd been here a trillion times already, I just wanted to do something different with you and well...the zoo was out once you put on those heels." She added gloomily.

"Honey, anything we do is fine with me as long as we're together." She responded looking into Dylan's eyes lovingly.

"How about we blow this popsicle stand and go have a nice lunch down on the water." Dylan suggested trying to make up for bringing her somewhere she used to practically work out of.