Chapter 17 part 2

"I think we could let you go for a couple days," Mark stated after Dylan told him about his conversation with her Aunt.

"So, you think you guys could handle it?" Dylan asked amusedly.

Laughing, Mark shook his head, "In case you haven't noticed boss, your not around a lot now." He stated, "And besides that, So far Cassidy's come up clean...Ray is double checking but it looks like she may be our girl."

Nodding, Dylan sighed, "That's good." She said having mixed feelings about bringing someone in that Devon clearly did not trust.

"I say, go be with your brother, your Aunt is clean and there's no reason you shouldn't be able to visit with your own family." Mark told her honestly.

"Okay, well get Cassidy in here as soon as you can to start showing her the ropes, I'll leave it up to you and Lisa on what duties and nights you want her to have, just keep me informed." Dylan finally said feeling a little useless in her own restaurant.

It was a good that Dylan didn't have to be there all the time; she trusted Mark and Lisa with her sole income and knew that they would treat the restaurant as if it were their own. It was a blessing to have them and she knew it, and now by bringing in another manager, they would actually have some time for their own personal lives.

"Will do boss, and hey, I heard about your friend Dan, is everything okay?" Mark added curiously.

Surprised because Dylan didn't think Lisa would have said anything, she asked, "How did you hear?"

"Josh," Mark began, "He said, Dan was pretty loaded and was making googly eyes at Devon last night." He added laughing a little.

"Yeah, he was but I put him in a cab and sent him home."

"Are you guys cool?"

"He owes Devon and me an apology, but yeah, we're cool." Dylan admitted.

"Good to know," Mark stated with a nod, "So are you going to be here tonight or are you taking off?"

"Since I made rounds last night, I'll probably take off tonight."

"Okay, I'll call you if anything comes up."

"Thanks Mark..." Dylan said and then added, "For everything you do around here."

"I wouldn't have it any other way." He joked as Dylan headed out.

Dylan decided to waste some time by checking out the nightclub to make sure everything was clean and in order before heading downstairs to the restaurant to tinker around for a while. After doing a walk-through of the kitchen and dining area, she decided to go into the bar and chat with Josh for few minutes when she noticed Cassidy walking through the dining room.

Hey there, Cassidy." Dylan said with a wave.

Stopping to look in her direction, Cassidy's face immediately lit up when she spotted Dylan, "Hey there yourself." She replied, her lithe figure cutting through the tables to get to her. "I'm glad I you're here, I wanted to thank you for this opportunity, it means a lot to me Dylan."

"Well, you are qualified for this position so you're very welcome." Dylan stated making sure she understood that she got the job on merit and not looks.

"You won't regret hiring me..." Cassidy stated honestly, and then with a playful wink added, "In fact, I'll be so good, you may never want to let me go."