Chapter 13

Even though Dylan had called Mark around nine last night, Dylan still woke up fairly early, mainly because she knew she had a lot going on today.

"Good morning." Devon said opening her eyes to look at Dylan with a smile.

"Good morning to you." Dylan returned sleepily, as Devon nuzzled into her neck.

"Mm, have I told you how much I love waking up next to you." She murmured into Dylan's neck.

Feeling an instant tingle in the land down under, Dylan smiled and pulled her tighter against her, "Yes, and I love that you love waking up next to me..." she said teasingly leaning down to kiss her neck playfully.

"So I suppose you have a busy day ahead...with all the women that want to meet the infamous Dylan McKay." Devon stated with a mischievous smile as she reached up to trace her lips.

"Actually it's a..." Dylan started then remembered she hadn't told Devon about the press conference with Max, "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you about the press conference with Max today."

"What?" Devon said pushing Dylan away slightly to look in her eyes as she sat up in surprise.

"Sorry, I forgot to tell you but with everything that was going yesterday...apparently, my little news piece got him in trouble with his boss so he called and asked if he could go, "on the air," here at my place, to apologize." Dylan told her as she folded her arms behind her head with a smug smile, after using air quotes for on the air.

"Are you serious," Devon asked again, watching her intently, "I can't believe this is the first I'm hearing about it."

Sitting up with her because she could tell that Devon was a little upset, Dylan took her hand and kissed it gently, "Baby, I'm sorry...it was crazy, you were over talking to the ladies in the booth and then Lisa came and wanted to show me how crowded we were and then...well, we kinda ended up here." She finished with a smile wiggling her eyebrows up and down.

"This is huge Dylan," She responded seriously, "Max doesn't apologize."

Shrugging a little, Dylan reached out and touched a strand of her hair that had fallen across her breast, "I wouldn't suppose he does."

"Did he say he was going to apologize"? She asked somberly.

Nodding, Dylan dipped her head to kiss her breast just above the nipple where she had been playing with the hair that had fallen there.

"Yes, I think his exact words were, my boss is demanding that I go on record and apologize for any harassment that you may have felt." Dylan told her with a serious but playful frown as if she were trying to imitate Max.

Laughing lightly, Devon layed back down and pulled Dylan with her, "This is gonna be good." She stated, referring, of course, to seeing Maxwell swallow his pride. "I can't wait to see it."

Leaning over her, Dylan laughed a little, "You've got a bit of a mean streak in you, don't ya?"

"Only because he's put you through so much." Devon answered softly giving her a soft kiss.

"Well, he's about to have to swallow a big pill." Dylan said, kissing her again with another smile.

Leaning up again, Devon began to throw back the covers, "Well, let's hope he's true to his words...now, how about I whip us up something to eat before showering." She suggested.