Chapter 11

The next morning Dylan woke up with Devon laying on her shoulder and a long slender leg in between hers. Taking a deep breath, Dylan inhaled her soft beautiful perfume along with the musky scent of their perspiration mixed together after a long and passionate night of love making. She was excited to be spending the whole day with Devon doing something they had never done together. Sure they had both been down to the waterfront and to the Market before, but never together, so to Dylan this seemed like the next step in their relationship...The market was always bustling on Saturday, and for some reason she could barely wait to have Devon out there beside her...with her. It wasn't that she wanted to show her off, it was more than that...she felt her chest swell at thought of all the possibilities! Running a hand through her hair, she sighed as she broke down her own thoughts, just admit it Dylan, she thought to herself... you are head over heels in love with this woman!

"Mm, I love waking up next to you." Devon said lightly breaking into her thoughts.

Leaning down, Dylan kissed her forehead and nodded, "I was just thinking the same thing."

Rubbing her chest softly, Devon leaned up to kiss her lips and then with a raised eyebrow, that Dylan found sexy, she added, "Thank you for being so patient with me last night, you were...amazing."

"I should be thanking you," Dylan returned, putting her arms around her.

"I can't wait to spend a whole day with you." Devon smiled making her emerald eyes sparkle.

"Me either, so let's get started..." Dylan returned sitting up a little and bringing Devon with her, "You can have the shower first while I make some coffee and check with Mark about last night."

"Okay, but no business after that." She stated touching a fingertip to Dylan's nose.

"You got it."

The day started out with breakfast down at one of the café's near the Market, then they moved on into the Market itself where they walked the shops upstairs and then went down to the lower levels. After a few hours of shopping and a lot of browsing they decided on Pike's Ale brewery for a cold one and maybe a quick bite before heading down to the waterfront for more shopping and browsing.

Dylan was thoroughly enjoying Devon's company as they talked, laughed and held hands like they'd been doing it for years. Everything seemed so natural as they joked and poked fun of each other at different times, but then agreed on such things as street artwork, or even knick knacks...it was almost as if they were made for each other. Devon never balked or even looked around when Dylan leaned in to kiss her standing on a corner as they waited to cross the street!

Feeling as though she were on top of the world, Dylan knew right then and there as they stood on the pier eating ice cream cones and watching a ferry come in, that she was indeed, in love with Devon...and she also knew that she would have to tell her sooner or later.

"So what would m'lady like to do now"? Dylan asked as she opened the car door for Devon once they got back down to where she had parked earlier this morning.

Turning to slide her arms around Dylan's neck, she smiled and wrinkled her nose cutely, "You're really leaving it up to me"? She asked surprisedly.

"Of course, this is your day." Dylan returned seriously.

"Well, then how about dancing"? She stated with a big smile.

Feeling an immediate panic set in, Dylan raised her eyebrows, it wasn't that she didn't know how to dance but damn, this was Devon...the woman she... loved! What if she didn't think she could dance?