† Thirty Six †

To Eliot and Amaya...

.

"Stay here" Carla-san commanded, after teleporting Amaya and Prince Eliot in a safe place away from the battle field. The brunette is still shaken up of what happened but in her eyes, she wants to fight. She doesn't want to be useless and be protected again.

She tugged on Carla's shirt, almost catching him offguard from being too alert of his brother. "I want to fight" Amaya said determinedly, staring into the pain filled eyes of the founder "I don't want to be the one being saved again... when I know you're having an endzeit attack"

He's always the emotionless yet very kind man with a dark past. He may picked fights with Yuma-kun but deep down, he doesn't want conflicts. "You're shaking right now" Carla suddenly said, catching her offguard back.

Amaya looked down and saw that she is indeed shaking. Carla's eyes started to soften when she bit her lip, trying to stay strong for her lost prince. However, she failed when he pulled her and enveloped her protectively in a warm comforting hug...

.

Flashback...

.

"Prince..??" Amaya asked in utter shock with blood painting her body "Prince!!"

She quickly stood up and pulled Eliot in her arms as tears started streaming down her face. The young prince looked up at her weakly, both his lungs and stomach crushed, leaving him to drown in his own blood. "A...ma...ya...." Eliot started while looking up at the ancient carved ceiling. Amaya responded by assuring him she's right there by his side, holding his hand tight. The blonde elven royalty looked directly at her weeping face. 

He doesn't want to say it but there's no denying that it pains him so much to her like this. He didn't expected that Shin would do such dirty fighting tactics inorder to defeat him. It wasn't fair but being fair isn't a choice either in reality if you desperately want to win. Once again, Eliot brought his weak eyes to look into Amaya's as darkness started taking over.

.

"Don't Cry ..."

.

Those were his words before he lifts his hand with little strength left to away her tears. Amaya's eyes never left his blue orbs as the soft whispers of confession left his lips saying.

.

"I always loved you..."

.

Everything seemed to stop. Time stood still and all the sounds died as the elven prince finally took his last breath away. She stood there in disbelief. More tears started to form in her eyes, knowing that Eliot died in order to save her...

.

End of Flashback...

.

"Such a pity" the same malicious voice of the blonde founder said, snapping the two out of their mournful thoughts "That that elf would die early... He's strong, that's true, but not strong enough to defeat me"

Amaya was about to protest when suddenly, Carla pulled her by the waist and jumped far away as possible to avoid an incoming attack. It was all thanks to the silverette that he came in time to save her or else, another life would be lost in this war.

"HOW LONG ARE YOU GONNA JUMP AROUND AND DODGE MY ATTACKS NII-SAN!!" Shin hollered in anger "ALL YOU'VE BEEN DOING IS NOTHING BUT RUNNING AWAY!!"

.

To Azusa and Satran...

.

"So what are you gonna do with Yumiko?? Sacrifice her??" Satran asked the ravenette in his usual uninterested state, making it believable that he was contacted by Kino yet again to know Azusa's plan. However, he was only laughed at when the mentally unstable vampire told him that spilling the beans early would be the end of him. Knowing all too well that Satran himself is Karlheinz and Kino's spy.

It was really amusing how Azusa was able to fake his death. He made it look like he was weak when actually, he was a lot stronger than the child he fought far back. He took his time to make everyone believe he's dead. When he's sure that everyone is convinced, he killed the child in the most painful and agonizingly slow torture that child could ever imagine.

Azusa smirked, reminiscing about how the demon child cried and beg for her life, all the while screaming in pure terror and agony as he slowly dismembered her small limbs. Bloody one by one... Little by little... 

"You're sick" Satran said, feeling disgusted at how twisted the Mukami is.

"Don't worry Satran" the knife loving damphir said "There's plenty more where I came from~~"

.

Yumiko's POV...

.

It was the same feeling. The same familiar blinding light surrounding the place whenever I was in distress. I slowly opened my eyes, arms reaching up to suddenly cover myself from the sun. I was in the middle of a paradise where birds and other animals roam free peacefully in the beautiful landscape. The same place where I would see mom sephira, dad and aunt beatrix to greet me with their warm smiles in my dreams. However, they aren't here this time. And no one's here to wrap me up in a warm embrace despite having this peaceful landscape before me. Loneliness starts to overwhelm me. I am alone---

.

"Looks like you're finally awake"

.

My eyes widenned and at the familiar voice I always knew. I slowly turn around, only to find a familiar young man sitting on the grass before me. He was wearing all white, highlighting his pale skin, redish brown hair and beautiful emerald green eyes. His feature looks breath-taking despite not having his fedora with him. But to me... he looks more than warm and peaceful as he gaze up the sky.

"Laito-nii..??" I asked, my heart warming at the sight of finally seeing my brother again. I quickly stood up and ran, hugging him as if he's the last thing on earth. Because all that matter to me is that my Laito-nii is alive and well. He returned my affection by raising his hand to hold onto me and caressed my long pinkish white hair. We stayed like that for a while until I finally managed to break the silence.

"I thought you're gone..." I cried, sobbing as I gently let him go to look at his features. However, what I see is pain and sadness evident in his emerald green eyes. I don't know why but somehow, the sight broke my heart into millions of pieces. "Yumi-chan..." he started "You have to go back... Our brothers are waiting for you..."

I looked back at him again, suddenly catching on his words. "Laito-nii" I said worriedly "Where's Azu-nii..??" The memories are still fresh in my mind. How I was stabbed by my own brother. But somehow, I don't want to believe it. I don't want to believe that my knife loving depressed brother was a traitor along with Satran-nii. His death at the forest of despair was clear enough to me that he's not the man who stabbed me back. Or was it all a lie?? I don't know what to think anymore...

Suddenly, my thoughts were interrupted when soft lips pressed against mine. It was warm and full of emotions that calms me down. I slowly closed my eyes and returned the affection being given to me. It took a while until air was need that we both stopped panting. Our foreheads touched and his hand holding mine tightly. I looked up, embarrassed at the kiss we just did. His eyes bore into mine with full of love and sadness combined.

"No matter what happens... I will always be here for you"

"Laito-nii.. What do you mean??"

"I don't want you to cry..."