The Question

A sly smirk playing across Brittany’s lips as she stared at Santana, and now she’s jealous.

“Britt, you haven’t called me after that night.” Natasha nearly shouted so that Brittany can hear.  “I go-“

Santana on the other hand, pretended to look at Kurt and Rachel talking whilst her ears are on full alert between the two girls conversation. Like what night is she talking about? Keep talking, Natasha. She grabbed Brittany’s drink before leaning her back to get a better angle causing the two girls adjust their seat whilst Santana can get a better view of their faces.

“I’m Santana by the way.” Santana piped in cutting the other brunette’s words. “Brittany’s friend.”  she added before smiling widely at Natasha offering her hand, Natasha being nice shook it and returned the smile before averting her eyes back to Brittany.

“I mean I got worried about you. “The brunette continued. Santana subtly rolled her eyes and uncomfortably shuffle in her seat gaining Brittany’s questioning look. She just shrugged and the blonde averted her eyes back to Natasha, knitting her brows together as she looked at Natasha with a tight lipped smile. “I wonder if you’re safe or not.”

“Obviously she’s safe, you’re talking to her right now.” Santana scoffed whilst looking at her almost empty glass.

Both girls just eyed her and returned their gazes back to each other ignoring Santana’s remarks.

“I tried calling you and everything but you won’t answer your phone.” Natasha mumbled lowly. Brittany just eyed the brunette guiltily and bowed her head, obviously she can’t say that this girl between the two of them is the only reason why she ran out.

“Well, it’s either the person you’re calling is dead, or she just don’t wanna talk to you.” the Latina said before emptying her glass. “And I definitely go with the latter.” She added before placing her now empty glass by the table.

And that’s it. Everything in Brittany’s mind flashed back from the moment Santana left her until the day they saw each other in the grocery.

“Wow. Tell me about it Santana…” Brittany retorted as she adjusted her seat and faced Santana completely. “Calling someone for the thousandth time and they won’t answer their phone, there should be a good reason right?”

She exactly did the same thing. Brittany almost lost her mind the moments she was calling the brunette and now what? She’s just going to state those words without thinking about the exact thing she did.

“I mean… you, almost losing your mind because you’re so worried about that person, you didn’t even receiv-Ow!” she was shortly cut off when Quinn kicked her under the table. She faced the other blonde whilst rubbing her almost sore ankle for the second time. “What the fuck Q?”

“Oh my God, that was you Britt? I thought it was Rachel. I was going to ask her if we can play footsie. My bad.” Quinn nonchalantly answered as she widened her eyes at Brittany mouthing ‘The plan.’ Rachel on the other hand eyed her girlfriend confusedly, because seriously they sat on the other corners of the table and playing footsie this far would be super weird they’re almost laying back or something. That’ll be awkward.

Brittany took a deep sigh before facing the two brunettes, who has been looking at her confusedly. “Sorry. I’m sorry.” She mumbled shaking her head.

“I’ll get us a drink.” Natasha said before standing, giving Santana one last look and walked away.

Brittany just stared at the table blankly, whilst she can feel Santana’s eyes on her.