The Kiss

Brittany blankly brought the cup by her lips and took a sip causing the burning sensation of her tongue. “Fucking coffee.”  She hissed.

She managed to tip toe towards the balcony, inhaling the morning scent of Christmas causing her to cough lightly. Well honestly it’s more of pollution but whatever there’s already snow and mistletoe everywhere, so yeah whatever. It’s barely 7 in the morning and it’s pretty unusual that she’s up this early, usually she’d be there balled in her bed whilst she got her alarm clock blaring or Quinn shouting.

She carefully placed the cup of coffee over the tea table before shoving her hand inside her sweater humming onto the sweet melody coming from the lower level of the building. Her eyes automatically closed as the Christmas song continued playing. It’s a week before Christmas and by that the whole city is quite, actually not quite – the city is really busy, the loud honking of the cars and the alternating Christmas carols here and there. Who doesn’t love Christmas? Well they say that it’s should be spent with the people you love, well for now- once again she got to spend it with Quinn whilst she got her whole family on Skype, it was four consecutive Christmas she have Santana’s family singing and yelling on the top of their lungs every time the grandfather’s clock would tick and indicate that it’s already Christmas whilst she got her lips pressed against Santana’s gaining everybody’s applauses and cheers. Santana’s family adores her well one time they almost adopt her, but that would be awkward –so. It’s pretty difficult to adjust that you don’t have your love ones every holiday but life would just show you or worst slap you that you just have to live with it and be a man, well, be a woman on her behalf for its the most important holiday of the whole year, it’s a day for giving and forgiving. Preparing to forget everything that happened and starting a new day, that’s just how it works.

Forgiving.

Santana.

Santana.

Right. It’s been a week since Santana called, since she saw her.

Is this how it works? How she makes it works? When she already got Brittany thinking and confused and everything, there -she’ll go missing and mute about everything.

Brittany literally jolted when her phone from her pocket buzzed, her brows knitted together when an unregistered number appeared on the screen, a normal person would go automatically swiping the unlock button and read the shit written and tap a reply or throw it onto the window or something, implausibly Brittany just stared at the phone number the white numbers showing, her heart racing like a hundred miles. And it’s only a fucking phone number, well after that night Rachel accidentally given her number into this stranger on her first audition -she got a pretty unforgettable message from that man, and that’s just creepy. Her head went autopilot as she looked side by side- thriller movies happened to be like this, you’ll receive a text and then when you open the door someone will just stab you or poke you in the eye or something.

She shakily swiped the unlock button, her breath hitching as her thumb tapped the open message.

“Hey Britt.” Quinn’s perky voice blared all throughout the empty space causing Brittany’s phone to literally meet the cold floor.

“Fucking hell, Q!” she yelped.

“Good morning to you too, B. That’s just a nice way to greet me.” Quinn retorted, sarcasm obviously dripping in her voice, she sluggishly took the other chair, and her eyes still tightly closed as she blindly reached for Brittany’s coffee and took a sip before heaving a satisfied sigh. “That was a good one.” She muttered, and it’s only a matter of second her eyes open landing on her best friend who got her eyes plastered on the floor, staring at her phone. “Okay… the message’s not gonna open itself. Just so you know.”