The Revelation

The whole world once again stopped, and I don’t think it’ll move back to its own orbit when Santana’s words reached my ears.

This is not happening.

“Who is she?” She nothing but whispered. Her voice went out small and fragile, yet the way it echoed inside my ear it’s nearly like a nuclear bomb that exploded inside it. My mouth fell open yet nothing comes out, I tried taking a deep breath yet my every intakes of air were immediately caught up in my lungs. My feet were glued onto where I was standing, in front of Santana’s bed. “Do I know you?” she added a little calm this time sending massive electric current down my spine.

She was just looking at me, like she was having a very deep thought of who I am with her brows knitted and her mouth slightly parted. Emily too was just staring at me, shock and concern written all over her face. This time, I know that the world literally stopped, nothing is echoing inside the four corners but the heavy breathing coming from each of one. I’m sure that this room is fully air-conditioned yet I can sense the breaking of sweat on the corner of my face.

I’m melting under everybody’s gaze and I don’t think I’ll stand this any longer. I can feel the heating up of my cheeks and ears, the lump in my throat and the taunting of those tears in my eyes , I know I’m about to explode.

“That’s a silly question, San. Of course you know her.” Emily cleared her throat awkwardly breaking the almost deafening silence.

“No, I don’t.” Santana shook her head as she looked up to Emily before eyeing me like there’s a little battle inside her head. “Is Emily your friend?” she asked me with a small smile and I really don’t know if I should answer or not. I don’t know what to say.

 “Santana.” Kurt’s voice pierced in the silence as he stood beside me giving me that little signal.

“Is she your friend, Kurt?”

I gulped dryly at hearing her question, how come she remembers her sister and Kurt and not me?

“Enough of that, Santana. Brittany has been here in the hospital for the last 8 months, waiting for you to open your eyes and now you’re acting like you don’t know her? Not a nice move, San.” Kurt teased crossing his arms over his chest.

Santana shook her head and judging the way she mirrored Kurt’s action, I know she’s now confused as hell and Aunty Snixx is on her way. “Who’s Brittany?” she mumbled with the exasperation in her voice.

We fell in a complete silence whilst Santana’s searching the answer for her question by knitting her brows together and started tugging on Emily’s jacket. Emily was looking at me, like she was asking if she should tell Santana or not.

“I’m gonna go get a cup of coffee.” I mumbled as louder as I can but still it came out more of like a whisper. “I’ll go get a coffee.” I nodded a little firmer my eyes wandering Santana’s face, she got her lower lip between her teeth whilst her eyes darkening under the fluorescent light just above her head. There’s nothing echoing inside my ear but the banging inside my chest as I tried to move my limbs and my feet.

“Britt.” Emily called and I just nodded before giving Santana one last smile and that presence of devastation in my eyes.

“No, Em. I’m fine, I’ll be back, okay. Bye everyone.” I said tensely with my lips quivering to form a small smile, my feet are way lot heavier than of normal that I almost trip as I tried to move my body.  It felt like the whole world fell down on me as I neared the door.

“Who is she? Is she Brittany?” Is the last thing I heard followed by the loud thumping of the door after me along with the tear that fell down as I tried to brace myself on one of the benches just across Santana’s room.