The Ceremony

Epilogue

“Q, this kinda hurts.” I murmured as I try to tug the blindfold off of me. “How can you even do my hair if I have something on my head tied like this?” I asked just in time I heard someone whining on the other corner of the room followed by the loud thudding of the wooden door. “Is that Santana? San?” I called.

“Babe?” That definitely is Santana.

“Baby?” I called back.

“Seriously Berry take this fucking thing off my eyes or I’ll kick you back to Israel. “ She whimpers. “Baby, I want to see you.”

“Q, c’mon. Just take this off, this is nonsense anyways.” I grumbled once again trying to tug it off but Quinn’s hands were fast to grab a hold of mine before shoving it behind me and I ended up giving in.

“Judging by the amount of times the two of you were about to get married and fate or whatever you call that comes into your way, this time we will never ever let anything stop this wedding, actually if I’m a priest in my past life or something I’ll bind you right here right now! Do you hear me Britt?” She stated like it’s the simplest answer in the world. “And who knows Santana might go MIA, again.”

“You know that I can hear you, right? Jesus Christ Berry! Take this fucking thing off of my grill, I’m this close on strangling you. Seriously!”

“Rach, she’s serious.” I stated almost boringly just when I felt Quinn’s fingers fidgeting the back of my head an automatic smile threatening to make an appearance.

“Thank go- This is fucking unfair!” my sigh of relief was shortly cut off when I peeled my eyes open, they landed on black drapes hanging just right in front of me. “Quinn!” I pouted as I look at my best friend with long lashes, Quinn flashes me an apologetic look before spinning my chair where I was facing with the looking glass just in time hearing Rachel and Santana bantering on the other end of the room.

That smile automatically appeared on my lips as I stare at my own reflection, I’m wearing an all-over ivory lace, mermaid silhouette gown with an empire waist and little cap sleeves in lace as well the bottom, where it puffs out and really puffy and exaggerated, the train is just longer than a typical chapel length. At the empire waist there’s dark pink velvet "ribbon" about 1-2 inches wide with a formed bow at the back. Starting at the top of where the volume of the skirt begins there’s another formed bow in pink velvet. Then there are two more below that in the middle and then at the base of the train. Those two were detachable so that when the train is bustled they will not be on the dress. The bustle will start behind the knees with the velvet bow at the top center, and the train was folded so that it hangs straight with side pleats down the back of my legs.

I can barely remember the moment when Santana and I picked this dress. I can barely remember the day she asked me to marry her for the third time. I can barely remember when this one moment I was singing in the shower when out of nowhere she appeared right in front me, crying. And when I asked her why, she started telling me things about us. That there’s the intense headache then things started flashing back, things about me.

My lips were practically bruising between my teeth when she told me that, my head was spinning and the fact that I forgot I’m naked I ended up lunging at her, my arms securely wrapped around her neck and my lips placing soft yet wet kisses on the corner of her face. It’s been almost a year and there are the small details appearing in her mind, like simple things, my birthday, my favorite food, pet and things like that. And this morning she called me, saying that she can finally remember how we met, even on the other line I can use my imagination on how that smile etching on her lips.