The Stars

December 7

“Britt, I told you. I don’t know.” Quinn whined rolling her eyes in frustration.

Brittany continued glaring before turning on her heels and walked towards the other blonde’s table, securely placing her both hands on the edge of the wooden furniture and eyed Quinn noxiously .

“And how do you explain all that home videos?” she questioned irritably.

Quinn just gave her a knowing look before heaving a deep sigh and nodded. She completely closed the lid of her laptop and faced Brittany. Brittany continued giving her a questioning look and pushed the hair that had fallen from her ponytail out of her eyes.

Quinn left Lima a week ago because Santana asked her to do so, she’s pretty mad with Santana but there’s a part of her that she wanted to help the other girl. It’s been a month since Santana and Brittany’s destinies crossed making the other blonde alive more than ever, the way her eyes would glow every time the brunette would walk in and the way she would stutter every time the Latina would started talking, she knows that Brittany is still figuring out whether the decision of forgiving Santana is still there hanging, but seeing her best friend smile and flickers her eyes showing that she’s happy then that would be the best thing a best friend could ask for. 

Quinn clasped her hands together and with a sigh she crossed her arms over her chest and mirrored Brittany’s look. “I don’t know.” She finally mumbled breaking their staring contest. “You know Santana, she can do anything she wanted.” She confidently added.

Brittany just stared at her, contemplating whether she should believe the other blonde’s words. She stared at Quinn’s brow waiting for the usual quirking every time she would lie about something. She rolled her eyes when Quinn stared at her innocently, well Quinn maybe doesn’t know anything about it. She placed her hand by her hips and walked back to her table and slumped down burying her head over her arms before groaning loudly.

“Why are you curious anyways? It’s been 2 days.” Quinn muttered anxiously and hastily opening her laptop before shakily entering her password.

Brittany once again let out another groan be torn in the back of her throat startling Quinn causing the other blonde to snap her head back to her. “Just like you, I don’t know.”

“What do you mean you don’t know?”

“I know that I hate her, still.” She answered off topic.

She indeed hates Santana, she hates her for leaving without any reason, making her miserable more than ever. But… after their encounter, then once again her life went on. She get to have some reasons to wake every morning knowing that in no time Santana will be finally admitting the real reason behind the incident. Saying that she’s just scared and everything doesn’t make any sense but if that’s the real reason behind it, then be it.

Taking her bottom lip between her teeth before sticking it out and shrugged. “She said she still loves me.” She admitted lowly in time her heart started pounding.

The way that Santana let her mouth slip those words made everything white and quiet. The time that their eyes were connected was practically short but the intensity of their eye contact that night was unforgettable. It was remarkable.

“You still love her.” Quinn stated and rested her back against the leather chair, a worried look written all over her face. “- don’t you?”

Brittany just stared at her, her mouth suddenly felt dry and her voice seemed out.

“I don’t know.”

~

The three girls entered the lounge room and their eyes automatically landed on the formality of the event, causing Rachel to tighten her grip on her girlfriends’ warm hand and bit her lip practically bruising.