Getting closer

I walked in after Sans into Toriel's house. You could feel the warmth of the place. Toriel decorated her home almost like a grandma's, there were photos everywhere and nice thick rugs on the ground. Of course due to Asgore there were potted plants everywhere also. The lighting was bright but not too much and the smell of pie wafted toward me. I like this place."I brought Nice cream!"I shout and hear four happy squeals...one of them sounded like Papyrus.

Sure enough Papyrus runs up to meet me with Frisk hanging off his back. Two other kids run up following them. I recognize one of them, a small yellow dinosaur with small scales standing up on his back and no arms. He was the one who got Frisk for me when the monsters first came to the surface! The other child looks like Toriel and Asgore. This must be Asriel. I laugh quietly to myself when I realize they are all wearing striped sweaters. Frisk with her blue and pink one, Asriel with a green and yellow one, and Monster kid (if I remember correctly that's what Frisk said his name was) with a yellow and brown one.

Papyrus looks at the bag of nice cream that I'm holding and squeals "YAY!! THE HUMAN HAS BROUGHT BACK TREATS LIKE PROMISED!!!" I chuckle and move towards Toriel's kitchen. "Did you think I wouldn't Paps?" I walk in Toriel's kitchen to see her pulling two delicious looking pies out of the oven.

"Though it looks like I didn't need to get any. We're all going to be full after eating those pies." Toriel looks up and smiles warmly.

"Hello my child." She had started calling me her child not long after we met, I honestly didn't have a problem with it.

"Hi Tori, was Frisk good?" I walk over and give her hug and she chuckles as she hugs back.

"Is she ever bad?"

Now its my turn to chuckle. "Yes actually, she likes to keep it hidden most of the time but she's quite mischievous" I feel a tug on my shirt. I look down to see Frisk pouting at me. "Oh don't give me that look, how many times have you pranked me?" I see her pout change to a small smirk 'About a hundred times.' I sigh and ruffle her hair.

"Oh by the way (Y/N)." I move my focus back to Tori. "I don't think I introduced you to Asriel yet, he's been out in town playing with Kid every time you've stopped by. He is Asgore's and I's child."

"H-hello." I look over by the doorway and see his little white head poking around the edge. I smile "Hello Asriel, Frisk has told me a little bit about you." He walks in towards Frisk "O-oh has she?" I nod and look at how they are both blushing slightly. I ship it. "Yeah, I've only heard good things." He smiles and blushes a bit more when looks towards Frisk who also blushes more.

"Okay children, why don't you go play with Papyrus. I need to speak with (Y/N)." They both nod and run off. I turn around to look at her "Your son seems very nice."

She beams and I can tell she has pride in her son. "Yes he is! He's been getting along with everyone since he came back....W-which that was what I was wanting to talk to you about." I look at her as if telling her to go ahead and continue. She nods and gives me a serious look. "Frisk did something really great. I don't know how she did it, but for what she did I am forever in her debt. You see Asriel was dead." I gasp slightly and look toward the place where they ran off to. "Did she help him when he was injured or something?" She shakes her head "No, when Frisk came to the underground it had already been years since Asriel had perished."

I look at her even more confused. If he was dead way before Frisk had even enter the underground the how had she help him alive. Toriel see's my confused look "I do not know how she did it, I was wondering if she has told you, but seeming from your face you know just as much as I do." she sighs as she turns towards the stove to stir what looks like some sort of stew. When she turns back around she looks at me with a pleading glance. "Please, you and your sister are very close. I have tried asking her and Asriel and they just brush it off and say they can't tell me. If you could...could you find out what happened?"