Parents and Such

Okay again sorry I left off the chapter a bit yesterday I was just really tired so here's the continuation of that.

*******************************************************************************************************

(Last chapter): "Water you waiting for, aren't you going to ask me those questions?"

I swallow and I bury my head into the warmth of his shirt and I can't help but wish he was wearing his usual jacket. It would be much more fluffy. "Um I don't really know what to ask."

His hand starts to play with mine rubbing my knuckles with his thumbs. "Anything at all. Just know to expect questions in return."What would be a good question to ask? There's literally so much I have to learn about him. I think of our conversation earlier about how he doesn't know about his age. Had his parents never told him?

"Tell me about your parents." He takes a deep breath. Which how does he even do that due to the lack of lungs? "Man you had to start out with a toughie huh?" He starts to fiddle with my fingers. "Well, I never knew my mom, but I did know my dad. His name was Gaster and he was the royal scientist before Alphys." He sighs "Gaster seemed like a good father but from what I found out after he died he actually wasn't. You see he used Papyrus and I as test subjects without having us know."

I squeeze his hand comfortingly. He looks at me and smiles, he puts out his other hand and a small blue orb of magic forms there. "That's why unlike my brother I have only one eye that glows. After he died I looked through his research and found out that he would give us doses of concentrated determination and other things. Apparently he was trying to see how powerful he could get my magic up and the magic doses he would give me overheated the original magic in my eye and caused it to burst."

"Did it hurt? When it burst?"

"Extremely, I remember it happened when he was testing our magic and I just remember flying a bookcase around and it was starting to get uncomfortable, when  Gaster had started adding on objects for me to fly around. We had done this before he just said it was exercises to help expand my magic. Kinda like you humans do sports or other activities."

"Well I just remember him being really pushy and my eye all of a sudden felt of fire and the magic from that eye shot out." He puts his hand over his eye absentmindedly as if remembering the pain. "That's horrible Sans."

"Heh, yeah. Then he tried to play it of as some really bad sickness. Of course lil me listened to him and he added a substance to make my other eye stronger. The only bad side effect from my eye bursting is that since I only have one source instead of two, my magic dies out quicker and I get worn out." I stare at his hand that is rubbing circles in my palm. "Damn, does Paps know about the experiments?" Sans shakes his head "No, he barely even remembers Gaster." He scoots over so he can look at me but our hands are still intertwined. "Okay your turn now, tell me about your parents."

I groan and start playing with his hands this time. His phalanges are smooth and soft to the touch. "Umm, Well my dad died from Cancer in his lung." Sans looks at me confused. "What's cancer?"

"It's a bad sickness us humans get. It's when we get a tumor from abnormal splitting cells. You have to have surgery and chemotherapy to get rid of it. Chemo is basically doses of radiation and it's really bad for the human body."

"Did your father have to go through that?" I nod as I put my fingers back between his with a squeeze. "It was really bad. Almost as bad as the cancer itself. He couldn't eat much because the radiation would make it hurt his mouth, he was always feeling weak and tired and he barely got out as much as he used to." He gives me a sad look. "I'm sorry for your loss." I shrug. It was such a long time ago."