Chapter 4: Ocean Park

And so, even if we already graduated, we're still here in the student council, discussing important matters. We're supposedly applying in universities now. However, since we regained our powers, we still aren't allowed to go outside that easily.

I still haven't found out what mine is.

"I can hear you, you know," said Nao in disappointment.

Yuu shuddered. "How-?"

"Hello, onii-chan!" A little girl with blonde hair appeared behind Nao, and waving her small hand as a greeting. Iori Sekiguchi. "It has been a long time; I'm feeling pretty fine now!"

"You?" Yeah, she's that person back in-

"I can hear you."

Yuu shuddered in surprise once again. He mentally scratched his head, now trying not to think of something so Nao and her friends wouldn't hear whatever he has in mind. "I remember you; the one who said my guts are low."

"I was saying the truth, though. But I can tell onii-chan has already grown stronger! Like me!"

"Now that you've mentioned it, are you feeling well?" Worried narrow brows and eyes landed at the petite lass; Takajou and the remaining people inside the student council looked at her, listening to their conversation.

Iori's smile turned into a fake one, a smile that was hiding a frown. "Yes! More than ever!" She lied.

"Nao, she's lying, right?"

"Pretty obvious, if you're going to ask me," Nao sighed, now trying to explain what Yuu had missed. "She's having her medicine for maintenance. However, those can only make her last longer, not actually heal her. She knew it was going to happen; that's just Iori being positive and still not giving up even if it was already mentioned in her medical records that she'll be unable to move next month."

"Next month?! Is that serious?!"

"Yes. And her illness is already showing signs. There are times Iori can't move her right hand. Since her illness hasn't fully taken over her yet, she can still move all of her body parts. Is what you can witness right now."

"I see..."

Yuu clenched his fist, then approached Iori. He knelt on the floor to level the kid, placed both of his hands on her shoulders and looked straight at her. "Well, then, I see! Want to go to the Ocean Park? I can prove that I've grown stronger," a soft smile was seen on his lips.

Iori laughed. "Does onii-chan dislike Theme Parks now?"

Eh. "If you want Theme Parks, we can go there."

"You know what happens in Theme Parks now, so it has no thrill if we come there again. You know when to protect yourself because you know what will happen, onii-chan. I guess Ocean Park is cool!"

"Are you serious about this?" Asked Nao, blue hues pinned at him, arms crossed over her chest.

"Yes," replied Yuu without hesitations at all. "Let's make the most of it."

"Huh?"

"You're coming with-"

"You're coming with us, right? Tomori-san?" Iori asked.

"Eh? Of course. If that would make you happy," replied the older lass.

Yusa and Takajou exchanged looks, wondering what they were talking about. Since they weren't in Iori's range, Yuu and Nao's conversation wasn't heard at all. "You're going to the Ocean Park? I want to-!" Takajou held Yusa's hands, which put her to a stop. Eh?

"We will be here in the council if you need us. Please do have fun."

"You're not coming?" Questioned Iori.

"It's a shame not to, but we have lots of work to do there in the council. I'm sure Tomori-san and Otosaka-san can take care of you."

"You bet they can!" With full of energy, Iori stated.

The three of them began marching towards the Ocean Park located near the Theme Park. They passed by the family restaurant they stopped by before, but they didn't get in there anymore. Yuu laughed at unintentionally reminiscing what happened back then. He was a complete scaredy cat. Even if those were props in the Haunted House, he still got scared. Geez, I can't believe that kind of person protected Nao.

"I can hear you."

"Gah- Yeah, right. I forgot," not really diverting the conversation, Yuu suddenly remembered something. "Iori's supposedly a normal person now. Why does she still have Mind Reading?"

"Obviously, the dusts hit her."

"But didn't it target only us?"

"I actually am trying to confirm that one. Shunsuke-san hasn't responded yet, so that will remain a complete mystery. Right now, let's focus on Iori-chan and let her have all the fun she wants and needs," Nao smiled, but not directly to Yuu. She had her eyes on the road, not even giving the lad a glance.

A girl with short, ruby-coloured hair, elbowed her friend and pouted her lips towards Otosaka Yuu.

"Otosaka-kun?!"

Eh?

All of them glanced on the same direction where the voice came from. Her? She seems familiar, but who is she again?

"Otosaka-kun! It's been... It's been a long time!" She approached the lad, holding his right hand with both of hers. Another set of blue eyes landed on his maroon ones, narrowed worried brows were expressed too. Pink tints of blushes spread itself on her cheeks.

"Yeah, but...," Yuu scratched his head using his left, free hand. "Who are you again?"

"Eh?" Her hues grew in surprise, grip on his hands had loosen. "What do you...? I am Shirayanagi Yumi, your schoolmate in Hinomori High! Did you forget about it?"

"Some...how, yeah."

"We used to eat pancakes together after our classes; you even saved my life from being crushed by a truck! You helped me get my wound bandaged and then, we kept seeing each other after school. We even talked about How-Low-Hello! Don't you remember?" Otosaka-kun... Please remember... Just as when I developed something for you...

"Developed something for me?"

"Eh! H-How did-- You read minds?!"

"No," I forgot about Iori's- "I mean, no. If I'd have the opportunity, then I guess I'd take it."

"Since we're already there, I might as well be honest with you," Yumi took a breather for a few seconds, then continued. "Since you transferred and left the school, I searched for your presence, even wanting more. Soon then, I realised that I actually... Um... Developed feelings for you."

"Eh?!" Everyone said simultaneously. Except Nao, of course.