Chapter 15: Dementia

Jaw flat on the wooden table where a huge map was pinned, feet swinging in an alternative motion, eyebrows formed in a small narrow, blue hues glanced at her male friend who had been standing against the glass window in their meeting room. It was the same window he had accidentally broken when Nao kicked him down for being 'disgusting'.

Takajou remained looking outside, intently watching the students pass by as they chatted, most probably about how their days went.

"I miss Tomori-san and Otosaka-san...," began Yusa, palm resting on the table just an inch away from her head.

The young man turned to her, blinking once at her remark. "We have been assigned to keep watch of the students here, together with Hiro-kun, but now that you've mentioned it, it's making me curious to what actually is happening."

"Are you worried?" Immediately asked the long-haired blonde, head had been removed from the table, now tilting slightly to the side.

Takajou had his eyes pinned on the female this time, his usual comical facial expression had formed into utmost seriousness. "I might be deemed heartless if I'm not; honestly, I am."

"Waaah," muttered Yusa in awe. "That's cute, Takajou-san!"

Wow, Yusarin is actually praising me! But, damn... Mentally, his shoulders slouched. Cute? Handsome could have been better! But it's okay! It's from Yusarin after all! Upon recomposing himself, the young man turned to the idol whilst he contained his manly squeals after shuffling his phone back inside his pocket. "Let's get to work."

"Work?" Asked the blonde girl, head tilted to the side.

Fully, he shifted his body to turn to the other. "A message just came from Tomori-san. We are assigned to find a person who wields the ability to cast dementia unto people. She didn't mention any reason about it, but we have to find one," uttered him.

"Wasn't there a news about Zhiend, Takajou-san?" Reconfirmed the female, eyes blinking in question once.

"Zhiend?" Images of what Nao did to him when they first met immediately flashed itself back in his mind as quick as a tint of annoyance was drawn on his face. However, it was removed soon. "What about Tomori-san's favourite band?"

"If we're going to look for a person with that ability, wouldn't it be better if we search in a place where there are a lot of people?" Suggested the flaxen-haired lass as her head had been tilted to the side slightly, her lips formed in a vivid, happy smile.

Seriously mesmerised by the way Yusa had suggested something that could be considered brilliant, Takajou couldn't help but flash red tints on his face. He slightly looked down, allowing his pair of glasses to be covered in white, his pointer finger as if adjusting it by pushing it upwards in the middle. "E-Either way, I'm pretty sure Tomori-san already headed there, considering her love for that band," explained him whilst doing his best so his little stutters wouldn't be noticed.

"Well...," still smiling, the blonde put her right hand's pointer finger on her cheek, indicating that she was thinking. "What about the school instead? We might have gotten a lot of people here, but not all of them had developed their powers yet," began her. "Some people were enrolled in the school because one of their family members had an ability; the ones who are yet to develop were gathered here for the possibility that they might get one because of that family member, right?"

There was silence.

Takajou didn't expect something such as this for Yusa to analyse by herself, knowing how much she would appear oblivious to the situation most of the time. He stood there, completely in awe.

In a few seconds, Yusa delivered all of her fingers to cover her mouth, a small gasp escaped her lips beforehand. "I-I'm sorry, I spoke too much!"

"No," immediately responded Takajou. "You're actually right. Let's begin searching!" While we're at it, we can also not neglect the first duty that was given to us. Great suggestion, Yusarin!

Albeit hesitant of his sudden change of emotions that she couldn't decode simply, Yusa nodded as an agreement to their dealt proposal.

However, before totally heading out, the current Teleport user made his way to one of their document files resting silently on top of their wooden table. One drawer was opened; in the front of it was written: Records.

"Takajou-san?" Called Yusa, head tilting a bit to the side, eyes blinking in question.

He smiled. "We have to lower the broadness of our search, right? We'll check through these records which student hadn't developed their abilities yet, then we could begin searching down. It'll be easier," stated the male. "First, let's start with High School. I'm pretty sure by that time, people are starting to develop abilities. There is one person in 1-A. We could perhaps ask him if he's already noticing his power."

"Alright!" Cheerily responded the blonde idol, jumping off from her place and cheerfully followed the tracks of her male friend.

Whilst walking together, Takajou was busy in navigating his cellular phone.

Curious, Yusa tilted her head to the side to get a fine view of Takajou's face and the reason why he was busy. "What are you doing?" Asked her, sapphire hues blinking in question.

"Ah, I'm sorry," apologised the male, for unintentionally leaving Yusa in the mid-air. "I'm currently texting Tomori-san to inform her of what we're going to do. It's best to report so it wouldn't confuse both parties."

"Oh," muttered the female, nodding twice, eyes widened in amazement. "I see! Yusa understands it now!"

Takajou soon had received a text from Nao, confirming that they could proceed. Along with the two's conversation, as well as with Nao's, it felt like it didn't take them that long to notice that they already were standing in front of their target's classroom.

To snap him back to reality, Yusa held the male's arms, slightly shaking him awake. "Takajou-san," she called. "Takajou-san...! We're here~"

Takajou went ahead and minimally slid the classroom's door open. "Good day, ma'am," greeted him towards the current teacher inside. "Can we have a moment with Aiichirou Eisuke-san?"

Gladly, the teacher nodded, called out the student, and before them stood the person they needed. He indeed was taller than Yusa, but was of in the same height with Takajou. Two pairs of blue eyes glanced at him, as the male gave them back with nothing but sharp looks.

Kyah! S-So scary..., the female idol gasped in surprise and fear as she moved behind Takajou to somewhat hide herself.