Chapter 21: Trails

A high-pitched, seemingly demonic laugh had conquered the research lab. He rested both of his hands behind him whilst entwined with each other, that smirk of amusement was carved on his lips. "How are they doing?"

Another man, safe to assume a loyal worker, nodded once in agreement. "Yes, sir. They are on the run. When are we going to capture them?"

The smile he had drawn on his old mien grew. "When the time is right." Soon, they will all be powerless to even resist. We will rule again. "Where are they headed?"

"Inside a public lavatory," responded his employee. "They are about to do something our eyes shouldn't see. Albeit running against our goals, things like this still are meant to be private. Let's give them time, and come back once they're done. Would that be okay, sir?"

"Oh, sure," said the boss, shrugging effortlessly then. "Let them have their fun. Soon, it's gonna be their end," another set of laughs conquered their area, yet those who could hear him paid less attention.

A pair of maroon-tinted hues blinked once in pure awe. "It's also because of Charlotte that Kumagami-san came back to life, so as getting an upgraded level of his ability. Wide-area search, huh," expressed him. "That's gonna be helpful in lots of ways."

Though amazed at the seemingly sharp thinking of her boyfriend, Nao possessed her usual unchanging expression.

Beep!

On her phone screen, it showed: "You got a message from Udou!"

"Udou?" Reconfirmed the platinum blonde with certain confusion. Unsure how he managed to grab her number, curiosity still pulled the best of her.

Yuu raised his left eyebrow in definite question. "Isn't that the guy selling pictures of half-naked girls for money?"

"Yeah, that's him. The one with Thoughtography."

Inside the piece of mail had sets of pictures, along with an explanation at the end. "Don't ask how I got to contact you," began him. Upon seeing the starting of the letter made both Yuu and Nao's faces flash a comically annoyed expression rather simultaneously. "The scientists are planning to capture Otosaka once you've piled up the powers again. They currently are tracking you. Trackers have been installed on your shoulder, and his nape. Pretend you're going to do something inside a public restroom or wherever hidden so they'd stop watching your every movement. Don't ask how. It's the only thing I can think of since people would generally not want to see something as revealing as that. Once you destroyed that, bring them down because letting that man control everything will lead to world destruction. I've sent reports to Shunsuke-san."

Udou's works were ahead of them, they could define. The way how he knew most of the things made the two think nothing but another connection to Charlotte--that his Thoughtography had gained a higher level.

Nao closed her eyes as she came up to a decision. "Yuu, let's go there," uttered her, and immediately pulled him with her.

Puzzled, the young man still allowed her to pull him wherever she would wish to. However, before him stood an independent public restroom. This time had he found himself pulling against Nao's desires. "W-Wait! If you wanna pee, why would I need to come with you?" Asked him, flustered, tints of red was scattered around his countenance.

"Stop asking questions, and just come," briefly explained Nao before pulling him inside once again.

Yuu retaliated. "Nao, we can't! W-Well, at least, not here. I would rather do it in a private place, you know," though the last time he attempted it was only interrupted by his little sister's call for dinner.

Without much effort, Nao raised her left eyebrow, all in confusion. "...What are you on about?"

Silence took over of him. "...Eh? You mean, we're...," instincts kicking in, Yuu could hear distinct voices very similar to his girlfriend's.

'A play. We have to do it. I told you not to ask and just join along,' uttered her. 'Stop being persistent and let's get this thing going before they find out about our plans!'

"So, that's...," before he could finish his remark of amazement, Nao was comically looking at him with displeasure thrown across as her current expression. "W-What?"

"Are you finished reading my mind?"

"Gah! H-How did you...?!"

"Hunch," cheaply responded the female. "Upon finding out that you can Plunder and Distribute abilities, I also thought you got ones you've seen before. To make sure, we can check Iori-chan afterwards. For now...," intentionally pulling her boyfriend inside the restroom thereafter. "Don't ask and just do as I say."

"A-Alright," though hesitant, Yuu followed his girlfriend's tracks.

Before him, Nao began unbuttoning the ones on top, permitting the latter to feel even more flustered compared before.

"W-What are--"

This time, Nao fired him sharp glares, mentally asking him to review what she had recently told him. Such so, Yuu opted to stay in silence, albeit questions were beginning to rummage his patterns of thoughts, soon running hazy.

Yuu didn't know what exactly it was that he wished to do--let her, or stop her--he was undeniably in between. His maroon eyes could already visually discern what was in front him--the female's inner clothes could vividly be seen.

Yet right before he could confront her about it again, Nao stopped halfway, grabbed her cellular phone, and immediately checked the message that had just arrived.

"Touch his nape, and break that tracker," began her as she did the same to the one on her shoulder.

Seeing how Nao did it had Yuu's curiosity building up. Confused, and definitely bemused, the latter still followed the lass' orders as he always had known following her would take them away from danger.

'I got worked up for nothing...,' uttered him to himself, seemingly crestfallen.

Another beep alerted the student president.

"They're located in the third building northwest from your location. You gotta act quick, and follow what Tsutsumiuchi-san told you. More time wasted and... I can clearly see it will lead to Charlotte's reign."

Udou's knowledge of the recent events albeit personally never around surely was greater than all theirs combined. With those, Nao had decided to confront him once they had finished their side quests.