Chapter 7: New Mission

Everyone made their way inside the room where Shichino and his friends left Shunsuke an hour ago--it was the same room when Yuu first met his big brother. As soon as the doorknob clicked open, Shunsuke's eyes were pinned at the door. Even if he couldn't see them, he still wanted to greet them warmly.

"Welcome back, everyone," he said, a smile was on his lips. "Well, then. Let's get it started!" The smile he had quickly went off, as if what he's about to say wasn't a good news at all. "At that moment the sparkling dusts happened in your graduation, it was actually all over the world, as our research facility mentioned. It means more people would be having their powers back, or develop them."

"So, meaning, Iori-chan's ability was caused by the dusts?" Confirmed Nao.

"You've got it, Nao-chan," replied Shunsuke, left eye was in a wink, right hand's pointer finger was at the lass. "And since we're already talking about powers..."

When did we not talk about that, anyway? Thought Yuu, comical dumbfounded facial expression was made by the lad.

"According to Tsutsumiuchi-san, powers around the world aren't repeated. Meaning, you cannot find Plunder on another person. One person wields one power. Once the vaccine is ready, we will start hunting wielders as soon as possible. That would be all; for now, just continue enrolling ability users in Hoshi no Umi Academy. This is the safest place we have for them. They can't leave even after graduation or puberty, unless the vaccine is ready," his hand ran on Nao's face, touching it up to her head and petted her. Since he couldn't see well, that was the only thing he know to be able to touch people in the right places.

However, lately...

Sitting on an empty bench at the rooftop, his mind wandered aimlessly. The soft touches of the wind released from the west weren't able to help him be bothered, at least. His hair, being tugged by mother nature, danced along as if problems in life weren't being encountered in the past few days.

I've been seeing images of Kumagami alive... It has been a years; I should be over this. Shunsuke placed both of his hands on his head, close to ruffling them in annoyance, but it stayed there, blank eyes on the floor. I should be seeing nothing but pitch-black. But why can I see tints of light? He moved his hands to his knees, his elbows aiding them. Shunsuke looked at his palms, only to see blurred images of the figure he was looking at. Is this the effect of the dust?

"Nii-san," a familiar voice echoed in his ears, which definitely made him snap out of his thoughts and to reality.

"Yuu, what-," his words stopped. As soon as he turned to face his little brother, images began showing again. I could see maroon eyes... Shunsuke squinted. Probably my mind playing around me. From there, the older one tried to act as normal as he could. "What is it?"

"Well," the younger one glanced at the side, as if avoiding his brother's blank gazes. "You've been acting strange. Did something happen?"

"Were you able to find out your new power?" Was what Shunsuke replied. He changed the topic to divert Yuu's attention away from him.

The question surprised the other. "About that, well... I didn't feel anything weird when the dusts were released so I didn't try finding out."

"How about you try now and see how strong you've become?"

"Sure. I can do that," Yuu turned his back, about to go to the grounds to start finding out his power, but was halted when Shunsuke called him.

"Yuu," he started. "There's actually a power user near us. Let him join Hoshi no Umi; he's in the club in the red light district."

"Club?!" Yuu flinched, face was covered in pink tints. Of all places?!

"Yes, club," Shunsuke pretended he couldn't see the path to Yuu by moving his stick on the floor and then swung his arm behind his little brother. "You'd enjoy it there while finding the wielder. Be sure not to let Nao-chan see you," then he playfully winked. He was obviously making fun of his flustered brother. "Good luck."

"Eh...," he said rather disappointingly, making the face he did when he first heard the nickname 'one-eyed Shinigami' people of the world started to address him.

---

"Yeah, one of the clubs in the red light district."

"Ooh! That's amazing!" Commented Nao; her feet were on the table, her hand raising her video camera in the air. Even if she said it was amazing, her facial expression didn't change a bit. "Let's go and find that power user, then. Shunsuke-san didn't say anything about the power he holds, but I'm pretty sure we could tell who has it."

"I could come but my manager just called and is looking for me," said Yusa sadly, a drop of sweat was drawn at the side of her temple. "I'm really sorry! I'll help next time!"

"Understandable," cheaply replied Nao. "Do your business, we'll do ours. Let's go!" From a distance, Yusa heard Takajou complain. That little complain made her, somehow, adore Takajou more. Only a soft smile had carved itself on her lips. "Take care, everyone," she said, almost in a mumble.

"But I want to go with Yusarin!" He insisted, fanboying right after. Takajou began reciting Yusa's album from first release up to recent, the shows she was in, the events, the number of concerts--almost everything, until Nao shouted at him.

"Disgusting! Don't forget the sole purpose why you're here, muscle freak!"

"Hey, hey. That's enough," said Yuu. He'd normally say something in mind about a student council president being such a role model, but he already had accepted everything about Nao so that wasn't really a problem. More likely, things like this are pretty much normal now.

"Name-calling wasn't necessary!" Retorted Takajou politely, air coming out from his nose comically.

Upon hearing more, Yusa just chuckled, adoringly looking at Takajou.

Takajou looked behind him, feeling that someone was staring. He was right. The lad waved his hand towards the female blonde, saying his temporary goodbye. Yusa returned the gesture, smiling gently at him. This time, directly.