Chapter 9: Marionette

There were few attempts of hugs and kisses, only to be returned with a kick or a punch. It wasn't the sweetest thing for him, but seeing Nao give him these kinds of responses made him think that she still cares. Or not. The teen stopped for a second, and then continued doing his attempts again only to receive the same responses.

That's really disgusting. Yuu told himself. He eyed the latter whilst they were making their ways back to the council. Yeah, you better stay off. She has a boyfriend, you've known that. Surprisingly, the man--as if not on his own--quite distanced himself. Eh? Did he hear me or...?

"Oh? Finally getting tired, I see," commented Nao, facial expression had no change.

"No, not really. My... My body moved on its own, distancing myself from you," he said, then glanced at Yuu.

"What are you looking at? I don't have-"

The man moved farther this time, still not on his own.

"It wasn't me!" Cluelessly replied the Plunder user. Could it be...? "Let me give it a try. Takajou, I trust you on this."

"Sure thing, Otosaka-san," then freely let himself be controlled.

Move five steps north.

Surprisingly, Takajou moved five steps north. "I must say. Lately, I have the feeling people around me use me as a test subject for their leveled up powers," he said, sweatdropping. "It isn't that I'm complaining; I just realised-"

"It took you so long to figure that out," replied Nao, not really denying most part of his statement.

She's a devil indeed! Letting this go, Takajou looked at his friend and blinked in question. "This seemed to be an improved version of your ability to possess people, Otosaka-san. It has no time limit; I was sure my body moved on its own. Can you give it another try, just to be sure?"

Nao crossed her arms over her chest and watch the three men figure this issue without her aid, eyebrow raised in question.

Yuu nodded; his response to Takajou's request. Hug this man beside me. He said to himself, purporting to their newly-made friend.

Takajou, with such unexplainable behaviour, ran towards their new friend and hugged him. "Whoa! I can't remove the hug even if I want to!" Face turning into a comical, rather perverted expression, the breakneck movement user drooled and said, "Otosaka-san, can you do this again once Yusarin is around?"

What the h- That was Yuu's cue to stop. Takajou's arms had been released from the latter, their friend dusting himself off as if he really was covered with dirt.

"Man, I didn't know that was your hidden desire," the new guy said.

"Excuse me. But my love only extends to Yusarin," reasoned the lad out. "Now that I've seen you clearly, what was your name again? I am Takajou Joujirou; it's such a pleasure to meet you. Somewhat."

"Somewhat?" He clicked his tongue. "The name's Hiro. That's all you need to know."

"Right. From a wealthy family; does nothing but to abuse his power for the wrong," Nao said whilst a paper, lifted in a level to match the three guys' hues was shown to them. "Pretty much everything we need to know," like the usual, that was made in a sarcastic manner.

"I'm liking you even more, Nao-chan~," in an attempt to hug the lass, another kick had sent him flying across the road. People were surprised of what the sound was for, but ignored it for that was something they weren't involved in. Upon seeing it was a guy facing the wall, they completely shrugged the issue off.

---

I now have the ability to control people. Not just by possessing them for five seconds, but actually control them. Yuu, who was lying on the floor, placed his hand in front of him as if reaching for the ceiling. What am I becoming, really...? He pondered deeper. With a number of students in the rooftop taking their lunch, Yuu thought this was a good time to test his Marionette again.

There was a girl sitting beside a boy. She was slowly shaking herself, while head was downcast. Every time the guy looks away, the gal attempts to pull him in an embrace. Upon Yuu seeing this, he felt like he had to help. So he stood there, and eyed the female.

Both arms up, closer... Closer...

The body of the lass moved on her own; surprise was seen on her facial expression. But as soon as both of her arms wrapped themselves around the guy she likes, Yuu let go. It was better that way, for her. On her own, she placed her head over the man's shoulder. Her crush, surprised and confused, didn't mind what was happening. Instead of pushing her away like what typically happens in a confession, the male returned the embrace, even more passionately.

Slowly, the man let go from being hugged and hugging the other, stared at the girl and moved his head closer to hers, readying himself for a kiss. Though flustered, the female closed her eyes and openly readied herself to be kissed.

That was the time Yuu had to look away, blushes spread across his face.

Suddenly, Yuu disappeared and then appeared inside the school, at the spot before the door to the rooftop. "Please be careful," said Takajou, fixing his falling glasses with the use of his pointer finger. "Scientists are around; don't get yourself be caught by the cameras."

"Scientists? But aren't we safe here in this school?"

"We are. But look at this picture, it's from Udou-san."

Udou? Why do I feel like I've heard that name before..? Yuu looked at the picture and from the inside of the helicopter, there were three people looking down at the school. They seem...very unfriendly...

"You have been the eye of people who had been wanting to take you or your powers with them, and use them for the wrong. We wouldn't want that to happen again, would we? Act normal when you're outside, Otosaka-kun."

"Yeah, sorry," was the only reply he did.

"I just received a news," Nao stated out from nowhere, even harshly pushing the door open just to deliver the message to the two. "Iori-chan can't move!" Then she continued, with sad, teary eyes. "Anymore."

What?!