[Halloween Special] An Unpleasant Ability

The pushed door creaked open, living a minimal space between. Another palm placed itself gently onto the wood to fully open it, but it was blocked from the inside as if a couple furnitures were stuck there.

Noticing this, the couple stopped from continuing their gestures, and went inside, fitting themselves on the shallow hole provided.

A pair of sapphire hues immediately landed behind the door, only to prove that their hunch was correct. There were numerous broken wooden chairs behind them, placed over one after another, appearing completely abandoned.

"This is really creepy...," muttered Yuu under his breath. He made sure to stay behind Nao, if ever something unnecessary happens. Maroon hues dropped onto his girlfriend, only to be returned by a pair of clear sea-coloured ones.

Left eyebrow raised, the lass stated her part. "Man up."

It doesn't mean you're a man, you shouldn't be afraid of ghosts, you know! But he would rather not utter that one. It wasn't the perfect time to start an argument with her, he figured so. "What are we looking for here?"

"After a destruction of several houses in this street, this one remained standing, although it's obvious how this had been left behind, it was rumoured that someone hid here, and he also was an ability user. It was called "Break". What it can do is self-explanatory already."

Albeit mentioned so, Yuu still asked her the question. "What does it do?"

Sighing tiredly, Nao composed her response. "Break stuff. It should be obvious already."

Yuu scoffed, but made sure not to anger his partner. "Yeah, it's obvious. But people tend to have heavier meanings behind their abilities' names," explained him. "Maybe, "Break" meant "breaking someone's neck" or something."

"Can be," retorted the lass. "He can break everything he wants to break; your bone, your life, or inanimate things. Basically, anything he wants to break."

What an unpleasant ability...!

Clang!

The surprising sound not from aloof alerted the young man, his adrenaline delivering both of his hands over Nao's shoulders in fear. Two pairs of optics glanced at the same direction whilst Nao continued drawing their path towards where the sound came.

"Nao...," he said, tone of fear was evident. "How about we go back now? I mean, this is what exactly happens in those Hollywood movies, right? You hear a sound, you make your way to where it came, and you get chased by ghosts. I want to protect you, but..."

The platinum blonde looked up at him, tone sounding as if teasing the latter. "If you can't do it, you can go," brows forming into a narrow, face turning into a sad one as well. "I could just let myself die here, if ever there's a ghost. I'll be fine."

Aware that she was just playing around to let him stay, and also had been falling for that face she was making, Yuu let out a sigh, made no response but continued walking with her.

Nice. Said Nao to herself upon successfully taming the lad.

Tracks had been continued on, screeches from something incomprehensible echoed from the eerie place. Something jumped towards Yuu, making him fall on the ground with a thud. Maroon-coloured eyes had been uncovered soon, only to see his girlfriend petting a cat.

"You sure do need to work on your nervousness," explained the lass, looking up at him with an unchanging facial expression. "It's just a cat, don't freak out."

"But it's a black cat!" Retorted him.

Nao gave him a tired face again, unamused. "You still believe that? You're like a child," ended her before standing once again. "Let's go."

There's nothing wrong in believing something! Then again, he only kept it to himself.

A vague silhouette of a boy same as Nao and Yuu's age came quite apparent in their hues. He was playing with bunch of broken furniture, even throwing the fixed ones against the wall just to break them. The male would also jump on the pieces of furniture to crush them, making it completely unusable.

"You, we know you can see us. Have you heard about Hoshi no Umi Academy? It's a place where people like you, power abusers, can stay safely without being a specimen for scientists out there," the lass brought a piece of a folded paper from her pocket, opening it wide. She also had taken out a small flashlight, handed it to the man beside her to hold it and supply her light. "According to this, you are the son of a sky-rocketing rich company, but became dirt poor because of your unavailability to control your power. You ended up killing your parents, burnt your every piece of document you had, even your wealth. Because of this, it gave you no idea where to go, but in his abandoned building that you destroyed."

Raged, the little boy jumped towards the female in an attempt to destroy her at once, but she acted quick and made both her and her boyfriend invisible. It was convenient, the usage of her upgraded ability was of illimitable use.

"Do you want to use your uncontrollable power again and accidentally kill innocent people?" Asked Nao for confirmation.

It only made the other smirk in annoyance, gazes moved to his side, along with a motion of his head to avoid those glowing blue optics charged at him in the darkness.

"I'll take that as a no," connected the lass. "Since all your documents have been burnt down along when you accidentally destroyed your home, Hoshi no Umi Academy is open for people like you. It is the safest place for abilities users. Don't worry, we also provide dorms for you to st--"

Claaaang! Followed by those metallic sounds were glasses crashing on the floor.

Both Nao and Yuu turned to the newly recruited teen, and to their surprise, he was still there looking at them in shock as well.

"Okay, this is not funny," muttered Shunsuke's little brother. Remembering a horror story he had accidentally read to scare Ayumi and make her sleep nights ago, he tried such a method so. "Uh, are you a human? Clap once if yes, twice if no," his voice was loud enough inside the area, not to mention that it was echoing too.

Silence.

"You're just scaring yourself," responded Nao, sighing in disappointment.

Yuu released his relief by sighing as well. "Ah, right. Let's g--"

Clap, clap!

"Oh, shit," he stated before dragging Nao with him--who barely changed her expression, the new ability user running ahead of them.

(A/N: This was plotted to be a serious shot. I'm such a disappointment. :']
Reference: http://www.scaryforkids.com/clap-clap/)