Because, I love you.

Pairing: Yato/Hiyori
Prompt: Confessions.
Author's note - I may or may not have taken inspiration from the Usui/Misaki kiss from Maid-Sama.

--

Yato grabbed the brunette's wrist, anger overtaking his features. There was no way he would be able to avoid getting on her case about it, what had transpired. There was no letting go of the fact that she could have been harmed, the raven would never, could never allow something like that to happen.

"Hiyori! I warned you to be more careful.." Yato finally breaks the silence, with just those words. He had used a rather stern tone of voice.

"Yato, we've already discussed this, I should've been more careful, I get it..."

"If you got it, yoú'd start being more careful already.."

"..Why are you making such a big deal about this..?" She says, but almost immediately regrets asking such a question as that. She clamps a hand over her mouth, remembering how the raven would grow to disappear with her not here. It was only natural the God would make a big deal about keeping her out of harm, right?

He freezes, a frown gracing his lips in response to her outburst. He releases her wrist, silently. A somber expression overtakes his features, it was clear to her now that she should have kept her mouth shut. Those words had upset him, as told by his reactions.

"...I-I'm sorry...." He finally mutters, turning away from the brunette. His voice was riddled with anguish, sadness. There was no sense of positivity to find in that voice.

"W-Wait. I-I should be the one saying sorry..." She responds, and before she knew it, she reaches to grab his hand. There had been something she refrained from admitting, but now would be the time those words would leave her lips.

"I-I'm sorry! I shouldn't have said that. I.. I understand. You... You mean a lot to me too. It's a surprise, I know. I'm sorry, Yato! I-I should have said this a long time ago-" She kind of rambles, contemplating a way to say it. The words sat on the tip of her tongue, waiting to pour from her lips.

"Hiyori- Slow down." Yato tells her, barely processing her statement. He turns back towards her, once more.

"..Y-Yato, I.. I love you.." The brunette finally admits. A blush stains her cheeks, right afterwards.

His eyes immediately widen, as he processed what she had said. She, She loves him? It was his turn to redden with blush, as he steps closer to her. The raven holds her hand, tightly. A sigh escapes his lips, of course, he loved her too. He wouldn't make her wait for a response much longer.

"... I love you too, Hiyoriii." He teases, although meaning what he said.

And with that, he embraces her, the two finally joining hands, after what seemed a lifetime of them obviously having feelings for each other without saying it.

Just like that, they joined hands.