Fall

The raven can't stop glancing at her, worry showing clearly on his face. It didn't take much to see her actions were slow paced, and it was clear she was tired. He figured she had spent the past few nights cramming for tests, after all, she did have a lot to catch up on in school.

It surprised him that her soul hadn't slipped out in those few days. But then again, he had been giving her some space, even though he clearly did miss her a bunch during those times.

She had come to visit him, or, at least, to assist in Yukine's studies. Hiyori's had quite the busy schedule, lately. It was quite natural for her to be tired, especially since she had gotten very little sleep, these past few days.

Hiyori was dozing off more and more as the seconds past, and soon, her lesson with Yukine stalled completely. It was a fortunate thing that Yato had been sitting right next to her, rather observing the two due to boredom.

"Hey, Hiyori! Why don't you get some rest?" Yato questions, out of complete worry for her.

"...I'm fine." She answers, the words finally leaving her lips, though they were hardly convincing. And just like that, her state of consciousness slipped away completely, as she had finally dozed off. Hiyori had fallen straight into the raven's arms, asleep.

Yato shifts carefully, so he wouldn't arouse her from sleep. A sigh escapes his lips, gazing at her sleeping figure. At least, she was getting some rest now, but he would definitely warn her to be more cautious in the future.

He doesn't move her from then on, since he didn't wanna risk waking her up right away. The raven lays her head gently onto his lap, and allowed her to get some sleep. Even if it meant he would be sitting there for hours. A smile graces his lips, at the sight of her sleeping soundly. He was sorta glad she was far from waking up, and he brushes his fingers through her lengthy brown hair, gently.

And that's how long it took for her to finally wake up, her eyes fluttering open with a start. She immediately sits up from her position, embarrassment overtaking her expressions.

"W-What's going on?" She asks right away, a bit harshly.

"Hiyori. Calm down. You fainted... straight into my arms. You know, if you wanted my attention, you didn't have to go to such extremes.."

"Now why would I want your attention?"

"Hey, that's cruel...."

A yawn suddenly erupts from her lips.

"...You should really get some more rest, Hiyori. My arms are wide open, you know." He teases, although standing up right afterwards.

He then reaches a hand out to her, in an effort to help her up.

And she takes it, gratefully.