Laugh

Pairing: Yato/Hiyori
A/N: I love this idea so much. written for realise-frenchfries, a.k.a a very amazing fic writer you should definitely check out.

The brunette settles on her bed, wrapped carefully in a blanket. It was an incredibly rainy night, and fairly cold outside. Hiyori shivers lightly, and pulls the blanket tighter. A concern weighs heavily on her mind, a concern consisting of if Yato was going to be alright in this kind of terrible weather.

Hiyori strides to the window, the blanket still wrapped carefully around her shoulders. She peers outside of the window, it really was pouring outside, and she could only worry more.

And then she caught sight of him through the window, taking cover underneath the tree in close proximity to her house. His scarf was draped over his head, and it was already soaked beyond belief. She couldn't bear to see him like that, freezing outside, soaked from the bitter cold rain.

A sigh falls from her lips, and she reaches to open the window. It took a bit of struggling but it finally creaked open. Hiyori leans slightly outside, even if it meant the rain fell on her as well. Her voice rang out, clearly, as if to make sure it caught his attention.

"Yato. What are you doing!?"

The raven immediately turns towards her, nearly slipping from his perch in the tree.

"What does it look like? I didn't wanna bother you." He calls out, in response.

It was a surprise to her, that he had actually sat out there in the bitter pouring rain, if it meant he didn't bother by sneaking in her house. Still, she couldn't have something like that.

"Yato! Please come inside!" The brunette calls out, a bit of anger lacing the tone of her voice. She wouldn't be taking no for an answer, even if it meant she had to drag him inside. There would be no way she'd let him sit out there.

And with a bit of bickering between the two, she finally managed to coax him inside. With a bit of searching, she had gotten a bit of her brother's old clothing, which suited Yato nicely. Even though it was only for a short amount of time, until his clothes were cleaned and dried.

Hiyori had ushered him to settle on her bed, after that. She clutches a small towel in her hands, and situates herself right beside him. She reaches to drape the towel over his head, so that he could dry his hair. But she's surprised when she doesn't do that.

A sigh escapes her lips, and the brunette reaches up again, gently grasping the towel once more. She was just about to dry his hair, but was stalled, when the raven's hands grip onto her wrists, as if to stop her.

"I'm fine, Hiyori." Yato assures, snatching the towel from the girl's grasp. He smiles weakly at her, soon placing the towel on her instead. And before she could say a word in objection, he's drying her hair with the towel. He wasn't the only one who had gotten soaked. So he sits there, rubbing her hair with the towel, until he's sure it's dry enough. He freezes after the task is done, taking one of the brown strands of hair between his fingers. He hadn't realized how beautiful her hair was, until now. Until he had ran his fingers through the brown tresses.

Another sigh falls from the Bennett's lips.

"Seriously, Yato. What were you thinking?!"

"I already told you. I didn't wanna burden you.."

"What do you mean? It was no problem at all, Yato."

"Yeah. I'm sorry. I just didn't want you to through any more trouble for me. You're always going out of your way."

"Listen. I care about you, Yato. You better get used to me helping you in any way I can.."

".. I know. You always help me. I just wish I could repay all the favors."

"Listen. I'll only wish for things when it's necessary, alright? Don't go out of your way, when I didn't wish for it.."

Hiyori then cracks a smile at him, as if to assure him it was alright.

"Alright, Hiyo." The raven agrees, returning the wholehearted smile back at her. It quickly transitions into a smirk.
"..Hiyo?"

"I guess I got a lot of nicknames for you." Yato answers, a light chuckle leaving his lips.

"Let me hear." Hiyori demands, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Only if you tell me your nicknames for me.."

"Fine."

"I bet I could get you to laugh first, Hiyo."

"You're on."

"I'll start, Hiyorin."

Not a single bit of laughter left the brunette's lips, and she only smiled.

"Yatty." She responds, just knowing she was going to win this.

He holds in his laughter, not allowing it to escape from his lips, even though it was rather amusing to hear her say it.

"Kitty cat."

"Creep."

Yato looked rather hurt due to that comment, but nonetheless, he kept going.

"..My beautiful cherry blossom."

Hiyori's lips curve into a smile, she knew exactly how to make him regret those words. She leans in closer to him, to say it.

"And who says I'm yours, Yato-sama?"

He lost it at those words, snickering uncontrollably at her statement. She was just too amusing while saying it.

"Dammit, Hiyori. You'll pay for this." He answers, although snickering in the middle of saying it.

"And how is that?"

The raven finally stops laughing, instead cracking a rather mischievous smile at her. And she was sure he had something evil up his sleeve.

Soon after that, he tackles her, situating himself above her, quickly. His hands fly to her sides, and he instantly begins tickling her.

"Are you ticklish, Hiyo?" He teases, a smirk glued to his lips as he continues the action of tickling her.

She isn't given an opportunity to answer that, but he doesn't need an answer to that because soon she's giggling uncontrollably. He took that as a yes, she was incredibly ticklish.

They both lost that battle.