Chapter 18

I had just finished saddling my horse as I put my scarf over my nose and mouth. I placed my Nightwatchman’s mask on then, pulled my hood over my head, covering my hair which was plaited down my back under my cloak. I was about to mount my horse when I heard my father shouting.

"... have the gall to rob this house! Get away from here!" He shouted angrily, as I gasped slightly before I pulled out my sword from the saddle sheath and ran outside. My father had his own sword in his hands as he blocked one swing before he was punched to the ground by the hilt of the ring leader's sword. This made my blood bubble angrily as I swiftly knocked his sword aside.

Giving him a mighty kick to the chest, he went flying backwards as my father sat up, I could see from the corner of my eye that he was shocked but impressed. This made me smirk slightly before I turned to the first companion running towards me. I blocked his club with my sword and kicked him back, and then I turned to the second companion. I blocked his staff low and twists it over and round in front of him, knocking him off balance. I turned and elbowed him in the back, in time to face the ringer leader again.

As he’s reaching back to swing, I kicked him in the chest, then grabbed his shoulder and pushes him to the ground. My father still was sitting on the ground frozen in shock and was watching in astonishment. I blocked the club again, then swing at the men, who ducks and knocks the sword from my hand. The man with the staff tries to take my feet out, but I step on the pole and bring my other foot up to kick his friend, then quickly turning back to the staff, grabbing it with both hands and pulling it from his grip, sending him tumbling to the ground.

For good measure I stabbed him in the chest with the end of the staff before turning to the other companion, who began wrestling me for control of the staff. I did a half spin around, turning the staff over our heads, and flipped myself over his back and back onto my feet. I pulled the pole away and knocked him upside the head as the ringer leader tries to engage me again. I hold the end of the staff under my arm and parries his sword, then gave him a mighty heave to the chest as I could see Robin, Much and Allan come round the corner of an outbuilding on horseback.

I changed my grip on the staff, slapping the ring leader's back with it, then taking his feet out from under him as Robin stopped his horse at my side.

"Stop!" He shouted as I watched as Robin slides off the saddle and strides over to the ring leader. I was furious; I was glaring at the three men and Robin. Why I was made with Robin I didn't know to be honest.

"What is going on?" Robin snapped angrily.

"Thank goodness you’re here. This is Robin Hood and you’re in big trouble, mate!" The ring leader snapped in my face as I had it. I clenched my fists and threw a punch smacking him in the jaw. I heard Allan and Much snicker, before I growled. I rushed to my father helping him to his feet, worried. He was pale and still overcome with shock.

"What are you doing?" Allan shouted hoarsely as he slapped the ring leaders head. I did a double take, my eyes flickering between the two. They looked so similar I guess they had to be related on some account. Allan and Robin came over to us.

"I am so sorry." Allan pleaded guiltily.

"These men were robbing my house." My father spoke shocked and wounded with pride.