21

Walking out in the battle, the pair looked like something out of an action movie. Both wearing shirts (Ali's open like usual to show a black tank top underneath) and combat boots, they not only looked ready but felt ready too.

Slamming his fist into a walker's jaw, Shane smirked. This is what he had been waiting for; this moment to redeem himself and feel part of a group again. All he wanted was to be back with his family and the months of slaving after the Governor had finally payed off, granting him with the prime opportunity he had been longing for.

Everyone's eyes suddenly landed on them as they made their way down the field. Even the Governor seemed taken aback by their united front.

"You ready?" Ali questioned, taking a side glance at her brother who just breathed out a laugh.

"Let's go."

At his words, Ali turned to collide her bat with a guard's jaw. The crack when the wood collided with living skin sent adrenaline through her system.

She quickly picked up his weapon before throwing it backwards for Daryl to catch. He immediately caught on to what she was doing and a smile ghosted his features. "Collect the weapons and throw them back to our team. We need the ammo!" The brunette yelled.

"On it." Shane growled as he sent another punch to a Walker's gut.

They began to create a system. Standing back to back, Shane would take out the walkers and Ali would take out the Governor's guards. The others would make sure there was no surprises getting close to the pair.

At the other end of the field, the Governor stood absolutely infuriated with the sight before him. Picking up a machine gun in his good arm, he stormed up towards where the main fight was taking place.

"I'm gonna kill them." He muttered along with a string of curse words.

However, before he could get close enough, he was wiped off his feet. A sharp pain shot up his arm and spine as he landed on the grass. He turned his head to see Rick already getting back on his feet.

"I'm going to kill every single one of you." The Governor warned, struggling to get back on his feet.

Rick tilted his head from side to side, cracking his neck as he pulled his fists up for protection. Despite the risk that he could die right here in the open, the brunette smiled. "Try us."