Change of Destiny Chapter 1

Theme song: Can't Stay Away by the Veronicas ( Nightcore version with Lyrics) I don't own song, the song belongs to its rightful owners.

...................................................................................................................................

The abandoned house I had been hiding for the past few days since after the apocalypse had started, well... a day after that day was when I found this place. It had good protection, and so far, the walkers hadn't found this place, but it was a matter of time before I had to be on the move again.
The old tree branches, bushes and dark green vines were so close to the house, providing cover as no one had shown up to raid it yet: the original owners were long gone perhaps the virus had effected them as well?

My stomach growled like a bear growling; I checked the pantry only to realize it was empty.

Of course, you ate the remaining food until it was bone dry!

The sarcastic voice in my head told me amused, knowing what that meant. So it left me one option; there was no other reason to stay here any longer, which was to forage elsewhere like some girl scout and find another house to raid: break camp, leave this place move onto the next.

I decided to arm myself up with pistols, machete slung over my back under my small anti-theft sling bag; it contained my most prized possession: a student ID in wallet, journal with a family photo of my parents, elder sister and myself. The photo was taken a few years ago when I was six years old.
There were magazines of bullets, two painkillers with syringes, and two knives. My father had been a politician and one of the most well-known ones at that. Mother was a desk receptionist at an idol industry. Both parents were remarkably successful, and Miko had been studying to follow in his father's footsteps. She was to be heiress to the Hayashi aristocrat family and fortune.
Now they were all dead, the family name and becoming the next heiress now lay on my shoulders. Even if there was an apocalypse.

      .....................................................................................................................................

I kept my eyes peeled as I travelled on foot, back on the road.
A walker approached with a never-ending moaning.
Head swept off, and blood splattered as it died once more. It wasn't human. Once a living person, it was now reduced to nothing.
I saw a few buildings in the distance. I decided to rack a trek as a shortcut through the forest, walking.

                                                                     30 mins later

I found a street with a gate closed, but there was a stone wall on either side: I could scale the wall to get to the other side.
Shadows slowly approached behind me, I swung the machete, earning blood and guts splattering me in gore. Five more remaining, throwing my blood-stained machete back over my shoulder, exchanging it for a pistol, drawing it from my belt, and started shooting them. More blood, more guts spraying at my boots, soaking my clothes even more beyond recognition. I dodge one before jumping like a gymnast, twisting in mid-air.

Thank goodness for gymnastics.

                                                               Ayato POV

I kept watch over Yui. She wasn't getting better, only paler.
Then I heard popping sounds coming from outside and I looked out the window to see the cause of the commotion was a girl twist in mid-air while firing at the undead, blood and guts splattering in the air and she landed.