Chapter 4: Part I

A/N: Hello fellow readers, as promised here is the updated chapter of Change of Destiny, and characters belong to Rejet except my oc's Yuki Hayashi (main  character) , and other characters mentioned  including story and plot. All copyright is to be respected. I  hope you all like it.

So let's jump in and see what happens next in Chapter 4.
...................................................................................................................................

I knock on the door with the back of my knuckles lightly.

" I've finished cleaning up, may I please come out now?" Asking politely as taught by a strict instructor and the door was unlocked, allowing Yuki to re-enter the bedroom.

Only to find Yuma eating a sugar cube, sugary whiff in the air, Shin chewing on a large crunchy nut and Subaru just standing there holding the door open, she stepped out just in time before it was slammed shut behind her: blushing while looking away. 'Good, I'd rather they don't look at me at all.'

"It's been some time since I had a bath, quite refreshing... maybe it's best if you don't look directly at me." She said to the trio mannerly.

Yuma tsked before informing Yuki looking the other way. " Reji wants to ask you more questions."

"Oh, What about?" I carefully worded eying the bedpost warily.

"How should I know. He's not the only one asking and he expects you down in five minutes." Yuma does not sound like he wanted to answer any questions I may have.

"Never mind, forget I asked. I will go downstairs as it would be rude to keep him waiting. Are you three going to make me?"

I walk pass them out the room, kept at a fast pace to hurry up and get these questions over and done with.

                                                         ... ( Time-skip).....

When Yuki and her three vampire escorts arrived, she spotted Reji was waiting in the living room, sitting comfortably in an armchair while the other nine, who were either standing in different spots around the room or sitting on the furniture.

She could feel their eyes watching her every move, her boots scoff lightly on the mat, her and Yui's breathing the only sounds in the room.

Reji was the first to break the silence, clearing his throat.

" Glad you could join us. Sit". It was not an invitation but an order.

She sat down on the edge of the couch, in the only space between Kou and Azusa,  with her hands folded on her lap, her shoulders moved back, straight back, chin up at full attention.

"As you have heard I have a few more questions for you and I expect your cooperation. Answer honestly will be much appreciated. " very straightforward.

Reji sure was full of himself acting like he oldest one, except Shu was the eldest out of everyone gathered here, wasn't he?

...Then again, beneath his words lay a silent warning  of something darker and not a lecture with a slap on the wrist. I should be careful.

"You're not going to like the answers, Reji-san. And yes, indeed I know who you all are, that's no secret and means no introductions need to be made." Yuki warns him in a formal tone: they took a millisecond to process what I said and looked at me, few making sounds were heard recognizing who I was.

"You look strangely familiar... By any chance are you, Hayashi Yuki?" I only nod, there was no lying about my real identity from him.

" I never expected such a young lady like yourself to be out there at a time like this. Where is your parents, elder sister?"
It struck a nerve, but I shakily took a deep breath in and out to calm down.