Chapter 6

A/N: Wow 165 views Thank you so much and apologies for previous chapter.
Okay, so one thing I need to mention before going into chapter, there will not be any more chapter 'continued' so instead it will be new chapters. This is the first time this chapter ever made it into publication on Wattpad as it never had the chance to be published on Quotev. rejet own certain characters, I only own my ocs Yuki, Miko and other characters mentioned including plot, storyline, and cover

Without further delay let us continue into Chapter 6.
............................................................................................................

Yuki's POV

Phew, found the small kitchen at last...hmm what should I cook that will be edible?

Searching through the kitchen pantry and refrigerator only to come up with pumpkin, cream, salt and pepper, Yuki wrapped an apron around her waist.

Pumpkin soup with freshly baked bread, perfect~

The very thought made my mouth water.

Reji was not kidding about the food, looks to me using any will be limited so best be mindful the mansion does not belong to me.

Cooking took patience, going through the steps included first rolling up sleeves, tying hair back with an elastic band into a ponytail, washing hands in the sink before setting to work.
.................................................................................................................

"Ah, sore wa, supotto o hitto."
Yuki satisfies her dry throat with a glass of water. [ Japanese for: 'that hit the spot']

On cue the soup started to bubble, more cream and stirring thoroughly while listening to the silence: scooping two bowls full of pumpkin soup and aroma of fresh dough filling the kitchen air.
Using a large bread knife Yuki sliced each piece as though cutting pudding.

She sipped the substance at a steady paste using a piece of bread to sponge up leftover soup from her bowl to polish clean.

Yum.

.................................................................................................................

Kneeling next to the platinum blonde girl with a bowl and napkin-wrapping over bread in hand, Yuki could see the look of confusion on Yui's face.

"I thought you'd need something to eat." Yuki said to Yui.

"What is it?" Yui asks curious what she had cooked, whatever it was smelled delicious.

I guess she could not tell what it was.

"Breakfast. Pumpkin soup with freshly baked bread." The girl told Yui confident, Yui managing to prop herself up slowly, accepting the spoon.

"Oi, Breastless. Ore-Sama should be feeding Yui!" Ayato appeared out of nowhere, snatching the spoon from her hand with the bowl.

Oh, that is the reason: praise and gratitude.

Holding her palms up defensively, Yuki backed off.

"Alright, go ahead but please blow on the soup or It'll burn her tongue."

Showing little concern Yuki let the red head have his way. I am not stupid you know look, before blowing lightly on the spoon, cooling before letting Yui have her first sip.

"Mm... so good." Mumbling of a taste-taster.

Thank goodness.

"Breastless, did you make this?" Ayato asks sceptically, nodding Yuki forced a ghost of a smile.

"Hai, there's enough for everyone in the kitchen."

She lay down the machete under the coffee table, earning notice from Komori Yui.

"Only temporarily, Reji-san will not tell me off again and besides, it won't be much use inside the mansion. If you will excuse me, I have something to take care of.". Bowed once before retreating from the room.

Explore the mansion without a guide, not the smartest idea but who could I trust but Yui-Chan, except she was in no state to walk.

                                      Ruki's pov.

When Ruki, the two Founders and Yuma returned from the outside, a waft of pumpkin and bread lingered in the air.

Ayato was feeding Yui, who was more than happy to accept, a change from what they had seen out there.

Livestock was not kidding when she said these 'walkers were scarier'

Walking corpses decomposing but zero luck finding any sign of survivors let alone another female, only flesh-eating walkers to be seen coming to us and came back empty-handed.

No progress, Yui's life was on the line more than ever.

"Where's Kisama-chan go off to?" Carla asks Ayato who shrugged.

"Breastless said she had something to take care of. She sure knows how to cook pumpkin soup and bread. Pancake seems to like it." On cue Yui accepted another mouthful of soup from Ayato.

"Didn't know she could cook. "Shin spoke his thoughts aloud.

"Neither did I but she said she made enough for everyone, it's in the kitchen."

And Reji would never approve of his half-siblings setting foot in there.

Ruki went in and brought the meals to the dining room.

"Is this girl a chef?" Ruki asks the tsundere "Not that I know of." Subaru replies.

"Took your time, find any survivors out there?" Laito asks: the search party became grim, with a drop of a pin somewhere hit the floor.

"Nothing. The virus doesn't seem to stretch out of town which is rather odd, nothing but walkers for miles and that only leaves one alternative survivor."

Unspoken Yuki was the only choice, it is as if every human except her was spared.

"Damn it." Subaru silently curses as every one of them exchanged grave looks.

.........................................................................................................

End of Chapter 6

...........................................................................................................

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter and sorry again for the long wait, I had to redo incorrect questions for a lecturer and an assignment is taking longer than expected to work on. Plus, I am re-editing a Kou Mukami Fanfiction draft which may or may not be published on Wattpad very soon... (Sorry I will not say anything further on subject.)

Chapter 7 will be added very soon. Please feel free to vote, comment or provide constructive feedback. I wish you all a wonderful day!

Word Count: 931

| Copyright| ©2017 Fanficwriter01

Last updated: May 6, 2017

Recent Update: June 13, 2020