3. Intrigued

So take me as I am

This may mean you'll have to be a stronger man

Rest assured that when I start to make you nervous

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change and today won't mean a thing

- Alanis Morissette.

__________________________________________________________

Shawn let out a long exaggerated sigh as he stood next to the door, his shoulder pressed up against the wall and his eyes inspecting a hangnail on his thumb.

Bohnes squatted down by the door handle, a tiny metal instrument clasped in his hand that he used to manipulate the locking mechanism to release. He fiddled for a while, biting his lip in concentration.

Shawn released another sigh.

Bohnes whipped his head toward Shawn and narrowed his eyes. "Would you shut up?"

"Would you hurry up?" Shawn countered, raising a brow. "Or would you prefer Feisty and her geeky blond roomie to return and find you with your pick stuck in her door knob? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that's the type of impression we want to set at this point."

"I thought you'd already ruined your shot at a good impression with her?"

Shawn waved Bohnes's comment off. "Don't you worry your pretty little head about my impression, Bohnes. I can charm any girl, no matter the compromising position they may have found me in. Trust me."

"I wasn't aware fifteen minutes had passed since your last bragging stint. Is it time for another already?" Bohnes rolled his eyes and went back to picking the lock.

After five minutes, Shawn sighed again.

"Your noises don't help me go any faster."

"I have no idea how my mere breathing can act as a deterrent for you, but don't blame me for your lack of speed. We've already talked about this, Bohnes." Shawn went back to studying his fingers.

Bohnes threw his tools to the ground and stood. "Well, if you're so good, why don't you just do it yourself?"

Shawn dropped his hands and grinned. "Finally. I've been waiting for you to give up and turn the job over to the master." He pushed Bohnes aside. "Watch and learn."

Crouching down in front of the door, Shawn picked up the little metal tools and went to work on the lock. First, he slid one into the space and then the other, twisting them until he felt the pick fit into the notch. A grin spread over his lips as he turned his hands and a resounding click echoed through the hallway. He glanced up at Bohnes, his smirk firmly in place. "You may grovel at my feet now."