20. No Place Like Home

And I'll carry you all the way,
When you say you're fine
But you're still young, and out of line
When all I need's to turn around,
To make it last, to make it count
I ain't gonna make the same mistakes
That put my mama in her grave
I don't wanna be alone.

- Augustana.  

_______________________________________________________

"Wake up, Shawn."

He heard the whispered words echoing in the dark distance. Part of him wanted to obey them, but the other part wanted to stay right where he was, wrapped up and warm and happy. Something tickled his neck and chest, lightly, sending tingles throughout his body. But still, he kept his eyes shut.

"Come on, please?"

Shawn groaned and flipped over onto his stomach, burying his face in the pillow and refusing to surrender to her yet. But she didn't give up. With a soft giggle, she drew her fingers down his back, his skin burning under her touch. Her breath fanned over his ear and across his neck.

"Wake up, baby," Camila breathed.

A small smirk pulled at his lips. "Did you just call me 'baby'?"

"Mmhmm." She nodded against his face, her lips dancing along his jaw and teeth nipping at his ear. "Why? Don't you like?"

"No, I do. In fact, I like it a lot. But I'm not falling for your seduction act." Shawn tucked his arms under the pillow and snuggled down into it. "Too early."

"But we don't have much time here today. I don't want to waste it sleeping."

"You're not sleeping. I am. Now, go away." He yawned. "Someone kept me up way too late."

"I didn't hear you complaining."

"You'll never hear me complain when you get naked with me."

Shawn felt her smile against his neck. "We're still naked, genius." Her hand slipped under the covers, trailing down his spine then moving lower still. "And you have the most fantastic ass." Her fingers slid over the side of his hips. "I wonder what other fantastical things I'll find under here." She lifted the covers slightly to duck underneath and a shock of cold air slipped inside.

"Holy shit!" Shawn's eyes flew open. "It's freezing!"

Camila's gaze moved to his and she smiled slyly. "Good morning, sunshine. What's wrong? You don't like that?" She lifted the blankets once more, letting in another draft.

Shawn shivered and held onto his pillow tighter, trying to tuck what he had left of the sheet around him at the same time. "You'd better stop."