Fixing The Scatter {25} END

"Okay, but I'm just saying."

"Nate, stop talking. You sound like a total nerd."

"But who would win in a fight?!"

"I don't know Nathan, they're animated characters."

"...I still think One Punch Man could totally take Korosensei."

"Please stop talking about this. I have a reputation to uphold."

"Fine, fine."

Nate rolled over and tossed the tennis ball he was holding at my house. It hit the side and bounced at me. I caught it and bounced it back at Nate.

"Incoming," Nate said as he caught the tennis ball.

I tilted my head so that I could see the car pulling into my driveway. Dante was in the driver's side and I could just make out Staz in the passenger seat.

The Montgomery family was still adjusting to Dante being back in the picture. After a few fights, Staz's parents had reluctantly agreed to let Dante spend more time with Staz, and Dante took advantage of that as often as he could. Nero seemed perfectly fine having his brother back in his life, but Ian clearly hated Dante being around. I think Mr. and Mrs. Montgomery felt bittersweet about the whole ordeal.

Staz got out of the car and waved to Dante before making his way over to us. I sat up as he took a seat next to me in the grass.

"Hi Jude," he greeted.

"Hey," I said.

"Can I...?"

"Always."

He leaned forward and kissed me, placing his hand on top of mine. I kissed him back, so glad that he was comfortable around me.

Staz and I had been dating for three months now, and it was a slow but steady relationship. We were up to a point now where sometimes Staz would cuddle with me when we watched movies. We'd even made out a few times, though I was careful to always let Staz set the pace.

He pulled away from my lips and smiled, that smudge of chalk on his left cheek. He looked past me at Nate.

"Hi Nate," he said.

"Hi Staz. I saw the drawing you did for Jude. It was really cool," Nate said.

"Thanks," Staz said.

We looked over as another car pulled into my driveway. Landon flung the door open in a desperate attempted to escape.

"Hi Jude!" his mom called, rolling the window down and waving. "Hi Nate!"

"Hi," we called back, snickering.

"Mom, leave! Meg, no, stay in the car!" Landon said in despair.

"Hi Jude! Text me sometime!" Meg said.

Landon pushed her back into the car and groaned. "Goodbye, family."

"Bye Landon," his mom said cheerfully, backing out of the driveway.

Landon came over to us and dropped onto the grass. "Please kill me. They're so embarrassing."