The trouble with strays

"Tuesday?" John asked looking at Sherlock.

     "The day before yesterday," Sherlock explained quickly and turned back to Orange, "pray continue."

     "Ok," she said glancing at Onion before continuing, "There were a few stays the other day and well they were causing a bit of a stir up around the neighborhood." John glanced at Sherlock who just shook his head like 'it's irrelevant', "I was out side chewing on my house folk's new plants and then I saw three cats, one had pale cream fur and the others were...grey and brown I think? They were messing with old Henry from across the street. Saying something about...debts? I think ...or something like that, he owned them something and they wanted it. So they were clawing him up a bit, and he was just an old tom... He'd gotten his claws removed years ago," John winced claws removed! "So there wasn't much he could do." Orange looked down at her paws, "I was going to help him, but I was afraid. What if they went after me? Sure I'd had some warrior training and all but I was no fighter. So I just yowled real loud hoping some Twolegs would come out and stop them.  But none came and the strays saw me.

     "They laughed to each other and whispered things and then came towards me leaving Henry on the ground where he was trembling and bleeding a little..." She paused sniffing dramatically and licking her paw to calm herself, Sherlock rolled his eyes and Onion glared at him. Orange took a deep breath and then continued, "I was terrified and there was nothing I could do. They came at me and sneered and called me fat and told me to watch my self. They said they knew what I did, but I didn't do anything!" Orange said whimpering with fright.

     "So they threatened you?" Sherlock asked happily.

     Orange looked at him horrified, "They did?"

     Sherlock sighed his excitement gone, "Has anything else happened?"

     "No, not since then." Onion said licking her friends ear reassuringly. "We didn't even recognize them."

    "What all do you know about Sharpclaws death?" Sherlock asked quickly, "Did you have anything to do with it?"

     Orange shrunk down and wouldn't speak, clearly the death had affected her deeply.

    "Did you help with it some how? Cause it?" Sherlock pressed.

     Onion hissed at Sherlock, "Can't you see she can't talk about it?"

     Sherlock glanced at John, "Not good?"

     "No," John said and nodded to Onion and Orange, "Thank you for all your help. We'll be going." And with that John shoved Sherlock towards the exit, with him complaining the whole time.