Questions and answers

A/N: Hey guys! I'll try to update more, at least a few times a week? By the way, I've been working on this other story, and I'd like you guys to read it too, if you could. It has nothing to do with this one, but if you like the way I write or fantasy stuff, you'll like it, I think. Anyway, it's called 'The forest of fae' please give it a read! Thank you! Love you guys!

"What is this all this about?" Leafstar asked, her eyes were still bleary and her fur was ruffled up from sleep.

Sherlock stares at Leafstar, he noticed the way her pelt hung off her thin mussels and the stiffness in which she walked and sat. Old age, and maybe...something else? She sure seems to have become more lazy lately, more old and worn.

"Minttail found these two while out on patrol, I'll let her report to you." Rabbitleap said and turned to the female warrior.

Rabbitleap doesn't seem against the clan in anyway, though he is the deputy because of Sharpclaw's death.

Minttail was speaking, and Sherlock quieted his thoughts to hear what she might have to say. "We were patrolling the Twoleg boarder and..."

Sherlock rolled his eyes and tuned her out, before looking over at John. The little tom was listening to Minttail's report with an adorably serious expression on his face. Then he was speaking, Leafstar must have asked a question.

     "What were you and Sherlock doing in Twoleg place?" Leafstar asked John.

     John squared his shoulders and began to explain, "Sherlock has been investigating the murder of Sharpclaw," there was a gasp from the other cats, "We were looking for reasons why he was killed and who or what killed him in Twoleg place." John said, he glanced at Sherlock, before continuing, "The book we brought back should tell us things about his murder, and that's why we have it, we were hoping to gain your support with evidence, so that the clan can assist us."

     Leafstar stared at John for a long moment, before she sat down stiffly and sagged. "He wasn't murdered. Sharpclaw died by natural causes."

     "But we have evidence that--"

     "This is ridiculous!" Leafstar spat at John and Sherlock, "Skyclan cats don't murder each other, nor do they get killed without wounds!" She turned to John venomously, "I don't know how things are in your clan, but here, things are peaceful, and I won't let you come here and ruin that because of what some insane cat frothed!"

     Sherlock felt his hackles raise at the way Leafstar yowled at John, she's the one acting crazy. Dull pelt, bleary eyes, very thin, crazy behavior...aren't these symptoms of...? Hmm. "I would have you know that the user isn't always in control." Sherlock said to Leafstar evenly.

     Alarm lit up Leafstar's eyes for a brief moment, before she flattened her ears, "I suppose you'd know, wouldn't you?"

     Rabbit stepped in between them quickly, "Now now! Let's discuss this civilly, I brought us together for results, not insults." He paused and turned to Minttail, "Go get Echosong and her apprentice, please."

     Minttail nodded quickly and left the den. Leafstar glared at Rabbitleap, "I'd have you know I'm not some rambunctious kit, I know what I'm doing."

     "I know," Rabbitleap said chastisingly, "I just want this to be a calm talk, they think that it's important, and I think as fellow clan mates we should give John and Sherlock a chance to explain things."

     "Very well." Leafstar muttered and sat back down in her nest, "What else needs to be said?"

     John stepped forward, "I believe that this case has something to do with why I came here."

     For once Leafstar's ears perked up, "And that is...?"

     John took a deep breath, he knew that this would come up eventually, he just hoped that he could explain it well. With a glance at the obsidian tom beside him, John began his tale. "Well, it started with the...dreams, at first I thought they meant nothing. They were just flashes, running cats, screaming, shadows really. But then I heard a voice in my dream, 'help us! Save Skyclan.' When I heard that, I knew something was up. I cornered Bramblestar about it the next day, demanded to know what Skyclan was.

     "He was hesitant to tell me at first, said it was forgotten history, something that I didn't need to know about. But I pressed the issue, and was told about what the four clans did. All I knew was that you guys were in trouble, Bramblestar thought it might of had to do with Sol. He was a loner who tried to ruin shadow clan, he said he had learned of the clans from meeting you. But now that I got here, I think the danger has to do with Sharpclaw's death. How could it not? With this information I've given you, can you at least consider the probability that he was murdered?"

     Sherlock was astounded by John's words, but he was also disheartened, John really must believe in Starclan, but where did his dreams come from? Were they just random...or is there a greater force guiding him?