Empty

John stared around at the distraction and Leafstar had stopped bleeding out she had grown still her last words ominous and true. John started shivering, all over. The shredded broken body of Sherlock, Leafstar dead. The rest of the clan shattered. I've failed.... I failed you all. Pain racked his heart. I failed I failed! I'm so sorry Starclan why me?? Why put me through this, put us all through this... John was consumed by pain and raced from camp, he ran and ran. I have to get away I have to get away.

John ran and ran he only stopped when a monster raced inches from his face. What does it matter anyways. John padded across the road slowly and couldn't hold back the pitiful sobs. He walked into a pipe and curled up in agony. I ruined everything.

Sherlock woke with a start. It was night and he was confused. I was falling! I was... I was fighting that cat, known as Moriarty in town. He flung... himself? Over? Why? I don't understand. John. I need to find John. Sherlock raced into camp and was not prepared for the scene before him. Clan members slumped around here and there, the fresh kill pile was scattered. And two bodies lay by the rock. He approached slowly and saw them. Leafstar is dead... I could have stopped this.

The other body was black and small. Moriarty!

"Sherlock?"

He turned around at the voice. "Gavin."

The grey cat frowned deeper. "You're alive?" Other cats gathered around in confusion.

Donovan stalked up. "Who's body is it then?"

Sherlock stared at them in shock, they thought I was dead? John, where is he?
"Where is John?" He demanded.

"No one has seen him since the battle." Crimsontear spoke up from licking her wounds while Molly them.

"Hopefully he isn't gone." The sad whisper came from Billystorm who groomed his dead mate sadly. Sherlock looked on in pity.

"I have to find him." Sherlock said and ran out of camp. Where is he?

Sherlock. The name circled in Johns mind. I failed them and Sherlock is dead. What is there left? How can I go back to Thunderclan after this? I messed up. Is there any point now? John crawled out from the pipe and sat by the thunderpath. He watched the monsters race by. It would be easy wouldn't it? To just... get caught by one. He leaned into the stinking winds of the paws and took relish in the thundering. I deserve this... he stepped forward rushing over took his senses. I'll be with Sherlock now...

"John!"

I can hear him...

A violent shove sent John to the ground and he felt a familiar weight settle above him. He stared up in shock.

Blue eyes like galaxies stared back, black fun like the night sky, the scent of rocks...

"Sher- Sherlock is that you?" John felt a pain in his chest.

"Yes it's me John." The reed thin tom whispered back staring down at John. He was going to throw himself into the road! If I'd been even a moment later he'd have been gone. Sherlock buried his face into the fur of Johns neck. "I'm here I'm here."