The library cats

John woke to a sharp pain in his head, he immediately  felt his stomach turn a flip and he retched.

     "Good thing I found one of those big leaves." A deep voice said, amused.

     John could smell the acidy sent of the throw up and retched again before stumbling back from the leaf and bumping into someone. "Sherlock." John gasped and leaned again this friend breathing sickly. "What happened?"

     "Let me clean this up first." Sherlock said and grabbed the leaf, dragging it carefully outside and burying it, then grabbing a new leaf, and walking back into the dark den.

     John was grateful for the new leaf, thinking he might throw up again, and flopping onto the ground pathetically. We were at the loud place, cats, noise, blurry... Why is it blurry? What happened? Where am I?

     Sherlock laid the leaf next to John's head and stared at him a moment.

     "What?" John asked nervously, "what happened? I can't seem to remember..."

     "You were drunk," Sherlock said with a laugh, "I had to drag you back here before you embarrassed yourself anymore."

     "Where are we?" John asked.

     "My old den before--"

     "Wait, embarrass my self more? What did I do?" John asked.

     Sherlock looked embarrassed and just stared at the floor, "Oh, nothing."

     John felt his heart spike nervously and he looked at Sherlock, "What did I do?"

     "Just... said some things." Sherlock said looking at John closely, "It doesn't matter. While you were asleep I've been thinking about the murder. You wouldn't guess what I heard."

     "Ok." John said, slightly relieved, and yet still worried. "What did you learn?"

     "And why do you think it had anything to do with Skyclan?" John asked as they walked in the light of silver-pelt through the forest.
     "Because it has to!" Sherlock said, "Yellow Sunshine, also know as lysergic acid diethylamide, is a drug, it is dangerous. We need to read up some more on it. It has to have helped in the murder."

     "But why?" John asked, "Why did they murder him?"

     "I don't know." Sherlock said, "revenge I think."

     John nodded and stared at the way the light made dappled patterns on Sherlock's back. His fur shined with the light of silver-pelt and he looked almost like a cat of Starclan that had had leapt from the sky and walked beside John for the fun of it.

     "So we're going to the library, I'll find a book or hack into a computer--"

     "What?" John asked confused, "We're going back to Twoleg place?" John sighed I'm a clan cat! A warrior! Why am I visiting Twoleg place and hunting down a murderer?

     Sherlock looked at John curiously, "The murderer is in Twoleg place. We need to look up this drug to save the clan. Do you not want to come?"

     John looked up into silver-pelt and then at Sherlock. "I know... but don't you think we've broken the warrior code enough? Why not we just go back to camp, tell the others, get a patrol and then find the murderer?"

     Sherlock scowled, "Them? They won't listen until we have proof. 'Oh there's a murderer, we don't know who it is or why they killed Sharpclaw, but come with us into Twoleg place!' Like they'll listen to that foxdung. Don't you think I've tried? Or do you just think I'm stupid?!" Sherlock growled at John.