【Chapter Thirteen】

The best plan of all was the plan of not having a plan. And before a certain question even thinks about entering your mind, I'll answer it for you; yes, I am one hundred percent only saying this because I don't have a plan for my date with Butters. To top it all off, I don't have money either. At least not enough to go to the movies or something. Where was I supposed to take him? I've dated plenty girls, so luckily I have a somewhat suitable outfit, but all the guys I've ever been with were only for sex. Karaoke nights at the bar were my go-to dates with all of my girlfriends, as it was free and easy to sneak into and most chicks dig a cheesy duet. As for the guys, they were the ones who treated me most of the time so I had absolutely nothing to go off of.

Before I knew it, Friday shoved itself in my face. The only details we had discussed about the date was that I would arrive at his house, since I really didn't want to show him my own, anytime between seven or eight. Thought it was true that he didn't seem too eager for the date, I had noticed a change in the way he did things. He seemed to enjoy everything a lot more than before, which relieved me to no end.

I had just finished getting dressed and I was actually nervous. Me. Nervous. I don't understand what the heck is happening, all I know is that I really want this date to go well. The weirdest thing was that I had to keep checking myself in the mirror of my bathroom. I was wearing a simple outfit of black jeans and a heavy long sleeved orange shirt. Over it was a black waistcoat that I left unbuttoned, and I couldn't tell if I looked casual or as if I were about to go to some Halloween party. All in all, I felt utterly stupid. I didn't have any better shoes other than my boots, so I couldn't go anywhere with those.  Of course, as always, I tied my scarf securely around my neck to cover the lower part of my face. I always felt more at ease when I had something covering my face, as creepy as that might sound to anyone who chooses to take it the wrong way.

Checking the time, I started to panic. It was already seven o'clock and if I didn't leave right at that moment I'd keep him waiting past eight - which was never a good thing to do to your date, especially when it's the first time you've ever went on one with said person. So I grabbed my keys, ran a hand through my hair several times, and left the house. The entire walk there I was so self-conscious that I felt like some lovesick idiot girl. Why would I wear a weird vest-type thing with a long sleeved shirt? It wasn't even a dress shirt! I should just take the vest off.. Shaking my head, I decided that I was being ridiculous, and instead decided to own that outfit. Wow, I feel even more like a chick after having said that.

The point is, I walked over there with a high level of confidence and I knocked on his door with purpose. Butters' mom answered.

"Kenneth, nice to see you again," she greeted with a smile. "You look nice! Just get back from a date?"

"Um.." I trailed off, unsure of what to do or say. I had no idea if Butters was completely out of the closet yet, and it was up to him whether or not his parents knew of his sexuality. "You could say that," I finally decided. She definitely could say that, after all. It just might not be true. "Is Butters here?"

"Oh, that's right! I almost forgot you two were supposed to hang out," she said. "Butters! Kenny's here!"

"Okay!" came Butters' sweet voice.

Linda Stotch turned back to me, offering me another polite smile. "I hope the date went well," she said. Man, how stupid could one person be? No offense, Mrs. Stotch. I simply nodded my head in response and then felt even weirder. Should I have gotten him flowers? Does he even like flowers? Actually, does Butters have any allergies?

"Thanks, mom. I'll see you later!" said Butters, who had apparently been beside me the whole time that I was thinking such ridiculous thoughts. The woman nodded and shut the door, and Butters turned to me. He wore faded gray jeans and a baby blue shirt, a black winter coat slung over his shoulders. He wore nothing fancy, but it was different and it was cute even if he looked like a bit of a dork.

Butters took my hand and walked down to his mother's car. I hesitated before speaking up. "Um.. I don't have anything planned.." I admitted. Butters laughed and I gave him a questioning look. "What?"

"I'm the one who asked you out on a date, Ken," he reminded me. "I've got everything planned. No need to treat me like a girl," Butters chuckled and unlocked his car, pausing only to turn to me and wink. Caught slightly off guard by his actions, I let go of his hand and went around to the passengers' seat. Butters Stotch just winked at me. I'm not "fangirling" or anything, but holy shit this was weird.

I got into the car and cleared my throat as he started up the vehicle and buckled up his belt. "Where are we going?" I asked, reaching for my own seat belt.

"Do you like surprises?" asked Butters suddenly, backing out of the driveway.

I smirked and leaned toward him a little bit, but no too close so that he wasn't distracted. "Oh, so you're going to play this kind of game?"

Butters smiled and nodded. "If you guess right then I'll tell you."

"No hints?" I pouted. He shook his head and let out a soft snicker. "Fine," I leaned back in my seat and looked out the window at the direction we were going. "Movies?"

"Nope," Butters said smugly.

I paused. "Park?"

"How boring do you think I am?" frowned Butters, glancing towards me. I laughed, causing him to smile at the road.

"Come on, I need a hint," I said.

Butters thought for a moment. "It's an indoor activity," he finally said.

"Oh?" I grinned and leaned over, placing my hand on his knee and giving him my best seductive look. "Are we renting a hotel?"

Butters' face flushed and he swerved a little bit off the road, but thankfully he caught himself before anything actually happened. "Wh-what?! Not on the first date!" he exclaimed.

"How about the second?" I pressed. He pouted and rolled his eyes, muttering something along the lines of how much of a pervert I was before turning down a street.

"We're here," he stated, parking in front of a building and turning off the car.