【Chapter Fourteen】

"You chose bowling?" I asked, staring over to the building we were currently parked in front of. I would have expected him to pick some sort of art museum or something, though I guess I was stereotyping him a little bit by doing so.

Butters tensed up a little bit. "I-I mean if you don't want to then we c-can go somewhere else," he suggested. I smirkeds and leaned over to kiss him on the cheek.

"It's fine, Butters," I assured him before getting out of the car. He followed my actions and we were off for a night of bowling. I've only bowled a few times in my life, and I'll admit that I'm not the best at it.. I just hope he doesn't laugh at me too much. Not that I care or anything..

We got inside and Butters paid for the games we would be playing, while I decided to pay for our snacks since I didn't want him to be wasting all of his money on me. Though food wouldn't be our priority until a little later. Right now it was all about the competition. If I wanted to make a good impression then I have to at least act like I know what I'm doing.

"You ready to get your ass kicked?" I asked as we tied the laces of our bowling shoes.

Butters laughed softly and went to punch in our names into the machine. I got up and stretched, walking over to him. "In your dreams, McCormick," he stated as I wrapped my arms around his waist, hugging him from behind.

"Little cocky, aren't we?" I whispered. Then I grinned and nibbled on the top of his ear.

Butters squeaked and pushed himself away from me, grabbing onto his ear with his cheeks flaming red. "K-K-Kenny!!" He scolded, furrowing his eyebrows and staring at me with a look of confusion. "D-don't do that in public!" then he paused and shook his head. "Or ever again!"

I laughed and motioned for him to come back. "Whatever you say, Buttercup," I winked and he cautiously came back to me. "Looks like you're up first," I told him.

"Y-yeah," he agreed. Clearing his throat he turned away from me and grabbed a maroon colored bowling ball. He glanced back at me and gave me a smug sort of look over his shoulder before getting into position and throwing the ball down the lane. He got a fucking strike. As he walked back toward me, he winked and I rolled my eyes. I could totally beat him.

When it told me to go up there, I grabbed a purple ball and stared at the pins. If I don't get a strike, I'll feel like a complete idiot. So I take a deep breath and take my shot. I knock down two pins. Of - fucking - course. I frowned and turned to my bowling ball that had just rolled back. I picked it up and glanced toward Butters who was giving me an encouraging look. A small sigh escaped my lips and I turned back to the aisle. I swung my arm and let go of the ball, watching as it knocked down seven pins. Nine pins in total. I guess that was close enough.. Not. I turned back to Butters and walked over to him.

"Nice!" Butters gave me a thumbs up and I rolled my eyes.

"I guess, but you're way better at this than me," I told him.

Butters shook his head. "That's because I used to come here all the time!"

"Why?" I asked as he walked up to the roll of bowling balls and picked one up.

He shrugged, "Pip and I came here all the time in middle school."

"You and Pip?" I asked, feeling somewhat.. jealous over this. Why was I being so weird all of a sudden? I never regarded myself as the jealous type. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Butters nodded and went to throw his ball. He was able to wipe out six pins. "Him and I didn't really have any friends, so we always just hung out with each other. I mean, I had Token and you and those fellas but even so you guys never paid much attention to me," he explained as he knocked down four more. Of course.

"Yeah, sorry about that," I shrugged and went over to get my purple one. "Cartman's a douchebag, why do you even bother with him?" I ask as I take my turn.

"Well.." he paused for a moment, standing near the machine now. "He just likes attention and he's not that bad of a guy, really!"

I scoffed and went back to him. "He is to you," I said.

Butters smiled at me, "I'm no saint myself, you know." He went over to the balls and took his turn. I mentally cheered at the fact that he didn't get all the pins down this time. "I do lots of bad things.."

"Yeah? Name one!" I challenged.

"I'm attracted to guys, first of all," he responded. "I stay up past my curfew and I sometimes talk back to m-my parents."

I sighed and went over to take my turn. "Dude, you still say things like 'Oh hamburgers' and 'gee whiz.' You're not that bad," I explained. I finished my turn and turned back around, only to jump back slightly when I see him right in front of me. I wasn't expecting him.

Butters was blushing softly and he smiled at me, "Really, Ken? You mean it?"

I scratched the back of my head. "I mean, yeah. You're a hell of a lot better of a person than I am.." I trailed off, feeling somewhat awkward.

"You're so sweet!" he giggled and kissed me. My body instantly responded to the contact this time and I pulled him in close.

"Bleh, get a room!" came an all too familiar voice. We pulled apart and I looked over to see Eric, Kyle, and Stan in the next lane over. He looked over to me and gave me a smirk. I narrowed my eyes at him, my arms still wrapped around Butters.

"Hey, guys!" Butters greeted, downright oblivious to everything. Kyle and Stan exchanged looks and Cartman chuckled.

"Kenny, come with me," he stated.

I shook my head. "No, I'm on a date. Bother me Monday."

"Kenny! Come with me or I win the bet by default!" Cartman shouted.

I put my hands up, "Whoa, dude you can't do that!"

Butters frowned slightly. "Bet? What bet?"

"Well," Cartman rested his hands on his hips and smiled evilly. "Kenny and I-"

"It doesn't concern you, Butters," I lied. "Fine, I'll go." Cartman laughed and walked off toward the food court and I sighed, turning to Butters. "I'll be right back, okay?"

"Uh.. Okay.." he said, looking down at his feet. I kissed him on the forehead before leaving the poor kid by himself on our date. Smooth move, Kenny. Smooth move.